Roger Federer, one of the world’s greatest tennis players, may have become an unwitting spokesman for the effects of climate change on Monday at the U.S. Open.
Federer, who is ranked No. 2, seemed to struggle all night in the heat and humidity at Arthur Ashe Stadium, losing in a fourth-round upset to John Millman, an Australian ranked 55th.
“It was hot,” Federer said. It “was just one of those nights where I guess I felt I couldn’t get air; there was no circulation at all.”
This was the first time Federer, who won the U.S. Open five consecutive times from 2004 to 2008, lost to a player outside the top 50 at the tournament.
To some, the comments by Federer, 37, may sound like sour grapes. But they also underscore a growing problem: increasing nighttime temperatures.
Under climate change, overall temperatures are rising — 2018 is on track to be the fourth-warmest year on record — but the warming is not happening evenly. Summer nights have warmed at nearly twice the rate of summer days. Average overnight low temperatures in the United States have increased 1.4 degrees Fahrenheit per century since 1895, according to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.
TONY HELLER aka Steve Goddard of Real Science recently checked temperature trends at Ithaca NYC as part of a rebuttal to another piece of epic NYT climate propaganda and fraud – “How Much Hotter Is Your Hometown Than When You Were Born? – The New York Times”
WATCH the blatant fraud uncovered by Heller in this MUST SEE vid:
WHILE Heller’s work on the NY area at Ithaca doesn’t explore humidity, his analysis, using USHCN offical Govt data, shows that the number of hot days over 90F are declining as CO2 increases – the opposite of what global warming CO2-theory demands. And, shock news, Heller’s data shows the exact opposite of what the failing NYTimes impugns…
New York Times Fraud At Ithaca, New York
The New York Times claims that Ithaca, New York gets about three days per year over 90 degrees, when in fact they average almost double that.
The number of 90 degree days has declined by 50% over the last 90 years, as CO2 has increased.
The New York Times claims the opposite trend.
A large percentage of New York Times reporting is fraudulent, and sometimes it is trivial to prove. They are hiding readily available historical data, reporting incorrectly on historical and present data, and claiming trends which are the exact opposite of reality. Scientific and journalistic fraud at its worst.
AS an Aussie, bravo to John Millman for downing the Fed! And, obviously he had to play under the same conditions as the champ. Just maybe, Millman was the better player on the ‘humid’ night in NYC and in better condition than ye olde Rog, God bless him!
AS for the failing NY Times – “Scientific and journalistic fraud at its worst.” – we and the empirical evidence concur!
Tony Heller with the inconvenient truth on September 3 New York historical temperatures…
“The data doesn’t matter. We’re not basing our recommendations
on the data. We’re basing them on the climate models.”
– Prof. Chris Folland,
Hadley Centre for Climate Prediction and Research
“It doesn’t matter what is true,
it only matters what people believe is true.”
– Paul Watson,
co-founder of Greenpeace
“As we all know, this isn’t about truth at all, its about plausibly deniable accusations.”
via Real Science :
By tampering with the data, NOAA and NASA destroy the ability of scientists to see what is actually going on with the climate.
via WattsUpWithThat :
Important study on temperature adjustments: ‘homogenization…can lead to a significant overestimate of rising trends of surface air temperature.’
From the “we told you so” department comes this paper out of China that quantifies many of the very problems with the US and global surface temperature record we have been discussing for years: the adjustments add more warming than the global warming signal itself
A paper just published in Theoretical and Applied Climatology finds that the data homogenization techniques commonly used to adjust temperature records for moving stations and the urban heat island effect [UHI] can result in a “significant” exaggeration of warming trends in the homogenized record.
The effect of homogenization is clear and quite pronounced. What they found in China is based on how NOAA treats homogenization of the surface temperature record.
According to the authors:
“Our analysis shows that “data homogenization for [temperature] stations moved from downtowns to suburbs can lead to a significant overestimate of rising trends of surface air temperature.”
NASA / NOAA Data Tampering Related :
- Breaking: New Climate Data Rigging Scandal Rocks US Government | Principia Scientific Int.
- Just Hit The NOAA Motherlode | Real Science
- A Good Visualization Of The Increase In Corruption At NASA Since 1999 | CACA
- GISS Data Tampering – Worse Than You Thought | Real Science
- GISS/NOAA/CRU Climate Fraud Update | Real Science
- Smoking Gun That The Temperature Record Is Fraudulent | Real Science
- Man Made Global Warming Is A Complete Fraud | Real Science
- NASA Massively Tampering With The US Temperature Record | Real Science
- NASA’s Quest To Erase The Warm 1930′s | CACA
- Spectacularly Poor Climate Science At NASA
- Data Tampering At USHCN/GISS
- Thermometer Magic
- EPA Throws Their Hat Into The Temperature Fraud Arena
- Shock News : UN IPCC Rewrote Temperature History To Suit Their Political Agenda | CACA
- The Very High Price Of NOAA/NASA Data Tampering | Real Science
- Shock News : “Heat Island Effect” Warms Temperature Data | CACA
- 97% of climate models say that 97% of climate scientists are wrong | CACA
- NATURE STUDY Confirms Global Warming Stopped 15 Years Ago | CACA
- The Great Global Warming Climate Shift | CACA
- The Missing Hot Spot | CACA
- Global Warming Was Never About Science. It Was Always About Power And Money | CACA
- Driessen : A Climate of Fear, Cash and Correctitude | CACA
- “In Searching For A New Enemy To Unite Us, We Came Up With The Threat Of Global Warming” | CACA
Climatism comment :
Climate alarmists choose to ignore (or have no idea) what has occurred within climate history. And apparently they have no idea what goes on within a decade of ‘climate change’, as Andrew Bolt discovers :
2003, and warmist scientist David Karoly blames the severity of the drought on global warming:
- “This drought has had a more severe impact than any other drought since at least 1950…. This is the first drought in Australia where the impact of human-induced global warming can be clearly observed.”
2011, and warmist scientist David Karoly blames the severity of Queensland’s floods on global warming:
- ‘Professor Karoly stressed individual events could not be attributed to climate change. But the wild extremes being experienced by the continent were in keeping with scientists’ forecasts of more flooding associated with increased heavy rain and more droughts as a result of high temperatures and more evaporation.’
- ‘’On some measures it’s the strongest La Nina in recorded history … [but] we also have record-high ocean temperatures in northern Australia which means more moisture evaporating into the air,’’ he said. ‘’And that means lots of heavy rain.’’
The beauty of global warming theory, as espoused by Karoly, is that whether it’s dry or wet, global warming is to blame. Read More »