With the UN’s annual climate gabfest, held this time in exotic Marrakech, now done and dusted, it is worth drilling down on the exact “science” that these luxurious and opulent meetings are supposedly based upon…
Assessing the current state of the climate should be a necessary precursor to all ‘climate-crisis’ meetings in order to justify not only the hundreds of thousands of tons of
CO2 carbon emissions emitted whilst jetting in the thousands of climate elites from every corner of the globe. But also to account for the millions upon millions of (your) taxpayer dollars spent in order to hold each lavish event.
25,903 participants had the time of their lives…
- Global temperatures have been virtually flat for about 18 years according to satellite data, and peer-reviewed literature is now scaling back predictions of future warming.
- The U.S. has had no Category 3 or larger hurricane make landfall since 2005 – the longest spell since the Civil War.
- Strong F3 or larger tornadoes have been in decline since the 1970s.
- Despite claims of snow being ‘a thing of the past,’ cold season snowfall has been rising.
- Sea level rise rates have been steady for over a century, with recent deceleration.
- Droughts and floods are neither historically unusual nor caused by mankind, and there is no evidence we are currently having any unusual weather.
- So-called hottest year claims are based on year-to-year temperature data that differs by only a few HUNDREDTHS of a degree to tenths of a degree Fahrenheit – differences that are within the margin of error in the data. In other words, global temperatures have essentially held very steady with no sign of acceleration.
- A 2015 NASA study found Antarctica was NOT losing ice mass and ‘not currently contributing to sea level rise.’
- 2016 Arctic sea ice was 22% greater than the recent low point of 2012. The Arctic sea ice is now in a 10-year ‘pause’ with ‘no significant change in the past decade’
- Deaths due to extreme weather have declined dramatically.
- Polar bears are doing fine, with their numbers way up since the 1960s.
I would also add to the list, the stubborn and inconvenient fact that 97% of 102 UN-IPCC CMIP5 predictive climate models DO NOT accord with observed reality.
They are all running ‘too hot’.
This is problematic as these same unverifiable climate models form the basis of the literal trillions of dollars of taxpayer money that directly funds radical climate policy and the schemes and scams that go with it like misguided and “unreliable” energy solutions – wind and solar.
Decide for yourself if there is a so called “Climate Crisis” and just how are the estimated trillions of dollars, earmarked to de-carbonise the globe, supposed to change the weather or adjust the temperature of the planet, and by how much exactly? No one really knows.
If you feel CFACT’s list of peer-reviewed and scientific climate realities are “cherry-picked”, ask yourself why no UN climate ‘expert’ or anyone at a climate conference will ever dare discuss these points. Of course they won’t and can’t because each point fundamentally wrecks their climate narrative and political agenda.
Then ask yourself why Marc Morano and his CFACT delegation were forcibly censored and shut-down by UN security for presenting these pesky facts (in front of a life-size Donald Trump cutout no less! Gold).
Note to Marc and other dissenters of the preferred wisdom of climate theology: If you want an invite to a UN climate event, and wish to remain for the entire two weeks enjoying the inner-sanctum of climate groupthink, pampering and chatter, you best pack the preferred memes of the climate crisis industry and use them frequently – “the science is settled” and “97% of all scientists agree”. Both equally deceptive and thoroughly debunked climate memes aimed to stifle debate, intimidate and isolate.
“Science” is never settled, nor does science listen to or work through “consensus”.
What We Do Know About UN Climate Meetings and Radical Agenda
With such little evidence of a ‘climate crisis’, why does the UN insist the world spend hundreds of billions of dollars a year on futile climate change policies? Perhaps Christiana Figueres, executive secretary of the UN’s Framework on Climate Change has the answer?
In Brussels February, 2015 she said, “This is the first time in the history of mankind that we are setting ourselves the task of intentionally, within a defined period of time, to change the economic development model that has been reigning for at least 150 years since the Industrial Revolution.”
In other words, the real agenda is concentrated political authority. Global warming is the hook.
Global warming has long abandoned any connection it has with actual science. It is has become as ideology. A new religion. Australia’s former Prime Minister Tony Abbott likening it to, “socialism masquerading as environmentalism“.
Figueres also added that “Communism is the best model to fight global warming.“
Ideology over Science
In 2013, UN IPCC co-chair of Working Group 3 Dr. Ottmar Endenhoefer unleashed this stunning revelation…
Follow The Money
The shock election of Donald J. Trump as President-elect of the United States has put Green groups in a literal (money) spin…
The Marrakesh COP22 climate conference has ended – and green groups are just waking up that without US financial support, nobody has committed any money to anything.
“I’m a little worried by the lack of financial support to help poor countries adapt. This conference has been taking place in Africa, it was generally agreed that there should be more money, but in concrete terms unfortunately these decisions failed to materialise,” said Lutz Weischer, team leader on international climate policy at Germanwatch.
It is genuinely possible most of the members of groups like Greenpeace and Germanwatch really didn’t know where all the money was coming from. Sounds crazy, but think about it – all greens had to do in the past is make a lot of noise, and bundles of cash turned up. They never had any reason to question where the cash was coming from.
I suspect climate activists are only now waking to the horrible possibility that after years of partying on the US taxpayer’s dime, they really don’t have that many friends anymore.
The two week conference, catering for 25,903 participants was declared the “conference of action”. Which is why the Paris rule has been delayed to 2018!
What a waste of time and…’
CO2 carbon emissions’.
As with all climate conferences, kicking the can down the road was to be expected and who’s complaining with another guaranteed two years of champagne, foie gras and chatter at exotic locations, on the taxpayer dime…
- Shock news : The UN’s Real Agenda Is A New World Order Under Its Control | Climatism
- Socialism Masquerading As Environmentalism | Climatism
- Skeptical scientists crash UN climate summit, praise Trump for ‘bringing science back again’ | Climate Depot
- CFACT delivers “State of the Climate” report to UN COP 22 | CFACT
- Climate Models Don’t Work | Climatism
- Judith Curry: climate models can’t be trusted | Herald Sun
- MUST READ : Finally, Warmists Find a Real Threat — Quadrant Online
- “My Only Worry Is The Money” Says African Climate Negotiator | Climatism
- All Aboard The Marrakesh Express | Climatism
Climatism Related :
“No matter if the science of global warming is all phony…
climate change provides the greatest opportunity to
bring about justice and equality in the world.”
– Christine Stewart,
former Canadian Minister of the Environment
“The only way to get our society to truly change is to
frighten people with the possibility of a catastrophe.”
– emeritus professor Daniel Botkin
“We’ve got to ride this global warming issue.
Even if the theory of global warming is wrong,
we will be doing the right thing in terms of
economic and environmental policy.“
– Timothy Wirth,
President of the UN Foundation
Posted: November 5, 2013 | Author: Climatism
Climate indicators that won’t be discussed by Global Warming Alarmists any time soon :
- US snowfall increasing this century
- Five Of The Six Snowiest Winters Have Occurred Since David Viner Declared The End Of Snow
- Slowest US tornado season on record
- Eight years since a major US hurricane strike – longest such period since the Civil War
- US Hurricane Strikes Dropping Dramatically As CO² Increases
- AUSTRALIAN Cyclone Activity Down – BOM
- TYPHOONS Are On The Decline
- 71% of the US below normal temperatures
- 97% of the climate models have over-predicted warming
- Record Antarctic sea ice
- Record 60% Growth In Arctic Sea Ice
- Third highest July western Arctic sea ice coverage on record
- Global Sea Ice Area Seventh Highest On Record For The Date – Closing In On The All Time Record
- No statistically-significant Global Warming for 17-23 years despite 35% of all human CO² emissions, since 1751, emitted in the last 15 years.
- No Global Warming Since Prince Charles And Princess Diana Got Divorced During Summer, 1996
- RSS Shows No Warming In Australia
- Sydney Almost As Warm As 100 years Ago
- Southern Queensland Almost As Warm As 1940
- One of the slowest US fire seasons on record
- Earth Currently Has More Sea Ice Than 1990
- Record corn crop forecasts and world record 2013 grain harvests
- World Cereal Production Set To Reach Historic High
- IPCC 2013 report confirms “low confidence” link between human GHG emissions and extreme weather.
- Official IPCC Words : ”We Do Not Know If The Climate Is Becoming More Extreme“ SREX 2012 /AR5 2013
- Ocean temps 0-700 metres flat since 2003
- NASA temp satellites show Earth has been on a cooling trend since 2002.
- Eighty Year Decline In US Temperatures Continues
- Much of the increase in atmospheric CO2 concentration since 1980 results from changes in ocean temperatures, rather than from the burning of fossil fuels : Humlum et al. (2013)
Sea Level Rise
- Rate of global sea level rise decelerating this century
- No Sea Level Rise Along The Western Coast Of North America Since The Start Of Satellite Records
- Scientists Find That Sea Level Rise Is Much Slower Than Expected…No Human Fingerprint
- Global Sea Level Trend – 1.08 mm/year – NOAA records
- NEW PAPER : The global mean sea level started decelerated rising since 2004 with the rising rate 1.8 ± 0.9 mm/yr in 2012.
- NEW PAPER : Sea level rise slowed from 2004 – Deceleration, not acceleration as CO2 rises.
- Pacific Island Nations Are Growing Not Sinking
- The Maldives Are Not ‘Sinking’, They Are In Fact ‘Growing’
- Arctic Ice Volume Gain Second Largest On Record | Real Science
- Global Sea Ice Area Highest In 25 Years, Fourth Highest On Record | Real Science
- While Global Coal Consumption Jumps 70% Since 2000, Global Temperature Falls 0.03°C Since 2002!
Evil human’s 12 parts per million CO² contribution to the atmosphere is clearly having a catastrophic impact on Gaia Mother Earth. The science is settled, the debate is over, anyone who disagrees is a denier and a flat-earth terrorist….
But seriously, what more is required of mother nature to prove that humans 3% contribution to atmospheric CO² (versus her 97%) is NOT having the ‘catastrophic’ impact on our climate that we are brainwashed into believing? In fact, in nearly every case, the *opposite* is happening, to what the global warming alarmists, fear mongers, climate profiteers, rent-seekers and complicit media preach to us daily.
Climatism Related Links :
- ‘Global warming is the greatest and most successful pseudoscientific fraud I have seen in my long life’ | CACA
- Bureaucratic Dioxide | CACA
- Mankind’s Shocking Alteration Of The Atmosphere | CACA
- Bananas deadlier than Fukushima (An Environmental Must See) | CACA
- ‘Let’s face it. The climate has never been more boring.’ | Watts Up With That?
- Shock News : UN Wants To Ban Private Property And Create “Human Habitat Settlement Zones” | CACA
- Shock News : UN IPCC Rewrote Temperature History To Suit Their Political Agenda | CACA
- The Truth About the Global Warming Agenda by Former NASA Climatologist | CACA
- Why global warming science is nothing but fraud – English pravda.ru (Brilliant explanation on the science of CO²)
- MUST READ : Richard Lindzen: Cool it on the climate | Herald Sun Andrew Bolt Blog
- UTTER INSANITY: Spending $160b to cut the temperature by 0.00005 degrees | CACA
- Shock News : Industrial Wind Is A Fraud Of Enormous Consequence | CACA
- Ten good reasons not to worry about polar bears | CACA
Quote Source : The Green-Agenda