OVER the years, TV naturalist Sir David Attenborough has wowed us all with that mesmerising voice narrating epic visuals of all things nature. Aesthetics aside, and not doubting the man’s intelligence, Attenborough persists in parroting easily demolished propaganda about the threat of ‘climate change’.
IN the BBC1 series on Africa he claimed that the wildlife there was at a “pivotal moment in their history” and “Africa’s climate is certainly changing. Some parts of the continent have become 3.5C hotter in the past 20 years.”
WHEN challenged, the BBC indicated that the claim of a 3.5C rise over 20 years was sourced from a Christian Aid report. The BBC acknowledged that the 3.5C claim, based on that NGO source, had no basis in fact and the statement would be removed when the program was repeated.
GLOBAL warming’s favourite mascot – polar bears – haven’t escaped his misinformed activism. The Oasis Nature Channel, of which Attenborough lent his name and reputation to, presented a series of programs entitled Extinctions, about animals under threat. The first of the series was about polar bears, which they referred to as the canaries in the global-warming coalmine, ignoring the fact that polar bear numbers are actually the highest since records began.
IN his latest eye-rolling rant, Attenborough claims that climate change “stops plants growing” and that global warming will create a “plant-less desert” !
Sir David Attenborough marks the reopening of the Temperate House at Kew Gardens, the largest Victorian glasshouse in the world this evening. He praises conservation work being done at the botanical gardens to preserve plants which otherwise would die, due to climate change. Kew Gardens is currently finding and researching species of plants that can help restore land affected by global warming, instead of letting our landscape become a “plantless desert”.
ASSUMING that climate change aka global warming equates to an increase in carbon dioxide emissions, (I say ‘assuming’, because climate change aka global warming can mean whatever an alarmist wants it to mean depending on their particular eco-grievance of the day) then it would appear our favourite ye-olde botanist has officially exchanged brains for blunts, in claiming that climate change “stops plants growing” !
BACK ON THE ‘BLUE PLANET’, DAVID >> Carbon dioxide = plant food!
“India may have a serious rural suicide problem. We can speculate about the cause. But whatever is going so wrong for so many rural Indians, the suicide tragedy is clearly not related to climate impacts on farm output. Agricultural yields are rising.”
It would seem, author Tamma A. Carleton is well versed in the science literature saying “publish or perish”.
TO preface your study with “climate = suicide” simply to get your paper published – What a gross insult to people who have suffered through the horrors of suicide.
SHAME on you “Tamma A. Carleton” – you pig of a human being.
India Wheat Yield Tonnes per Hectare. Data Source OECD
Guest essay by Eric Worrall
A new study claims every degree of temperature above 20C increase the likelihood an Indian farmer will commit suicide. Just one problem with this claim: Indian agricultural yields are rising (see graph above).
Crop-damaging temperatures increase suicide rates in India
More than three quarters of the world’s suicides occur in developing countries, yet little is known about the drivers of suicidal behavior in poor populations. I study India, where one fifth of global suicides occur and suicide rates have doubled since 1980. Using nationally comprehensive panel data over 47 y, I demonstrate that fluctuations in climate, particularly temperature, significantly influence suicide rates. For temperatures above 20 °C, a 1 °C increase in a single day’s temperature causes ∼70 suicides, on average. This effect occurs only during India’s agricultural growing season, when heat also lowers crop yields…
View original post 178 more words
A two-minute MUST READ.
Guest essay by Dr. Neil Frank, former Director, National Hurrricane Center
As former Director of the National Hurricane Center (1974–1987), I was appalled when, in a campaign rally at Miami-Dade College October 11, Democratic Presidential candidate Hillary Clinton said, “Hurricane Matthew was likely more destructive because of climate change.”
That is false.
We were extremely fortunate that Matthew—category 5 through much of the Caribbean—weakened to category 2 before landfall in South Carolina. It could have been much worse.
In 1893 a much stronger hurricane followed nearly the same track. When its eye reached the Georgia and South Carolina coasts, a 15–20 ft. storm surge inundated the coastal islands. Though population was a small fraction of today’s, between 2,000 and 3,000 died, making that the second deadliest hurricane in U.S. history. The same year another major hurricane killed 2,000 in Louisiana.
All together five hurricanes hit the U.S. in 1893, something that’s happened…
View original post 539 more words
“So even the rain that falls isn’t actually going to fill our dams and our river systems…” Tim Flannery 2007
Fast forward to NSW 2015, where Sydney’s water catchments today are 83.6 per cent full, and rising fast.
Similar story across Australia with rainfall patterns rising since Flannery’s global warming alarmist lies, which cost taxpayers $BILLIONS in Climate bodies and mothballed desal plants.
South Australia’s government is facing calls to explain why its new $1.8 billion desalination “white elephant” is to be mothballed, possibly until the next drought.
The desalination plant at Port Stanvac may be left in “standby mode” while the city is able to rely on cheaper water from the River Murray and local reservoirs, SA Water chief John Ringham announced on Thursday.
“The Adelaide desalination plant is South Australia’s insurance policy against future droughts and provides a flexible, climate independent water source, so we will continue to maintain it to a level where it can be switched on when we need it,” Mr Ringham said in a statement.
The desalination plant was proposed by the Labor government in a move to match a policy from the Liberal opposition at a time when South Australia, and much of eastern Australia, was in the grip of a severe drought.
View original post 849 more words
“The common enemy of humanity is man.
In searching for a new enemy to unite us, we came up
with the idea that pollution, the threat of global warming,
water shortages, famine and the like would fit the bill. All these
dangers are caused by human intervention, and it is only through
changed attitudes and behavior that they can be overcome.
The real enemy then, is humanity itself.”
– Club of Rome,
premier environmental think-tank,
consultants to the United Nations
“We’ve got to ride this global warming issue.
Even if the theory of global warming is wrong,
we will be doing the right thing in terms of
economic and environmental policy.“
– Timothy Wirth,
President of the UN Foundation
According to satellite measurements and peer-reviewed science, for 16 years and 9 months, there has been no Global Warming at all.
Peer-Reviewed studies that confirm the lack of any recent global warming:
- Reconciling anthropogenic climate change with observed temperature 1998–2008
- Retrospective prediction of the global warming slowdown in the past decade
- Overestimated global warming over the past 20 years – Nature Climate Change 28/8/2013
- Recent global-warming hiatus tied to equatorial Pacific surface cooling – Nature Journal 28/8/2013
- Warmist scientists talk about no Global Warming
Let’s See How The “Clean Energy Economy” Is Doing in Germany And Europe…
Germany is a Green Energy Basketcase:
- German’s electricity bills have doubled since 2000. (Germans pay about 40c a KWH.)
- Up to 800,000 Germans have had their power cut off because they couldn’t pay their bills.
- Germany’s renewable energy levy rose from €14bn to €20bn in one year as wind and solar expanded. German households will pay a renewables surcharge of €7.2bn this year alone.
- Germany has more than half the worlds solar panels. They generated 40% of Germany’s peak electricity demand on June 6, but practically 0% during the darkest weeks of winter.
- Seimens closed it’s entire solar division, losing about €1bn. Bosch is getting out too, it has lost about €2.4bn.
- Solar investors have lost almost about €25bn in the past year. More than 5,000 companies associated with solar have closed since 2010.
- Germany has phased out nuclear, but is adding 20 coal fired stations. Gas power can’t compete with cheap coal or subsidized renewables and 20% of gas power plants are facing shutdown.
- Despite the river of money paid to renewables, emissions have risen in Germany for the last two years.
It’s a case of lose-lose all around, everyone — taxpayers, investors, renewables companies, gas companies — all lost. Waste and stupidity on a colossal scale.
- Two weeks ago the Czech Government has decided to end all subsidies.
- Spain owes €126bn to renewable energy investors.
- In Spain more than 5,000 solar entrepreneurs face bankruptcy without the subsidies.
- EU leaders now officially list affordable energy as being more important than greenhouse emissions.
In fact, the German green revolution has been so successful they have just ‘test-fired’ five new coal-fired power plants with a combined capacity of around 4 GW.
And just in case the wind stops blowing or the sun is blocked by clouds of evil man’s 12 parts per million of colourless, odourless, trace gas carbon dioxide, rendering their half a trillion €uro investment in windmills and solar panels useless, Germany have another 15 coal plants planned to open by 2020!
German Coal Fired Power Stations Due to Open By 2020
How much was lost from European manufacturing, to China, which could not compete? Investors are “pouring money into the US, where energy prices have fallen to one-third of those in the EU, thanks to the shale gas revolution.”
But if “King Barack Hussein Canute” and his overreaching EPA have their way, energy prices will skyrocket, just like they have in Germany, Europe and Australia.
And if Obama and his overreaching EPA succeed in their quest to de-carbonise America, the “Clean energy economy” will become “an engine of [recession] for decades to come”.
By P Gosselin on 6. September 2013
Now the German Chamber of Industry and Commerce (DIHK) confirms the mess with a press release and survey results of businesses and industries. The survey (see right) shows that energy prices and supply risks are threatening the ability of many German industrial companies to compete, and that many are now gearing up to move their operations to friendlier foreign locations.
Renewable energies are leading to higher prices, unreliable supply, less competitiveness and widespread job loss
- Let’s copy Germany: 23,000 wind towers make 7% of its electricity to stop 0 degrees of warming
- The EU green hell
- Europe Pulls The Plug On Its Green Energy Future
- The price of moral-vanity: A catalogue of Green economic disaster unfolds across Europe
- Germany Succeeds Making Energy Unaffordable For 15% Of Its Population – 600,000 Households Disconnected Annually!
- Woodland Heists: Rising Energy Costs Drive Up Forest Thievery
- Forget global warming!? Earth undergoing global COOLING since 2002!
- Obama’s Climate Change Quotes: Best Lines From Georgetown Speech
- Revealed: The EU’s great green U-turn on policy that is sending energy bills soaring across the continent
- Germany’s Massive Renewable Energy System Puts Out Only 7% Of It’s Rated Capacity in November!
- NATURE STUDY Confirms Global Warming Stopped 15 Years Ago
- Long List Of Warmist Scientists Say Global Warming Has Stopped
- Bureaucratic Dioxide
- UTTER INSANITY: Spending $160b to cut the temperature by 0.00005 degrees
- Australian emissions reductions target is undone by one week in China « JoNova
- Lessons in wasting money: Use more wind and solar and… emit just as much CO2 « JoNova
Environmental Damage By Renewable Energy:
- In China, the true cost of Britain’s clean, green wind power experiment: Pollution on a disastrous scale
- Abound Solar’s Toxic Waste Highlights Enviro Hypocrisy on Pollution
- PEER REVIEW: Toxic health risks associated with rare earth metals extracted for use in solar PV’s and industrial wind turbines.
- PEER REVIEW: Lessons in wasting money: Use more wind and solar and… emit just as much CO2
- The dirty secret of Britain’s power madness: Polluting diesel generators built in secret by foreign companies to kick in when there’s no wind for turbines – and other insane but true eco-scandals