Via By NoTricksZone :on 8. February 2018 //
Anthropogenic Influence On Arctic Climate
‘Too Small To Be Detected’
The evidence compiled in scientific papers continues to rapidly accumulate.
An anthropogenic signal in the regional Arctic climate is still too small to be detected.
Temperature, glacier melt, and sea ice changes are all well within the range of natural variation for the Arctic region. The changes that do occur have identifiable origins that are unrelated to atmospheric CO2 concentrations or human emissions.
Below is a brief summary of some of the latest research that underscores the lack of connection between anthropogenic influences and climate-related changes in the Arctic.
- Europe Cooling…Weather Service Data Show Falling January Mean Temperatures Over Past 30 Years | NoTricksZone
- Record 2018 snowfall continues increasing snowfall trends showing UN IPCC AR5 report is flawed | Watts Up With That?
- Massive Expansion Of Thick Arctic Ice Over The Past Decade | The Deplorable Climate Science Blog
Climatism Related :
- UNMASKING The Great Arctic Sea-Ice “Death Spiral” Scam | Climatism
- LIVING Life With “Atmosphere Cancer” | Climatism
- Fast regrowth in Arctic sea-ice outpaces recent years | Climatism
- GLOBAL Cooling A Reality But Technology And CO2 Will Help Earth Survive | Climatism
- SCIENTISTS : ‘Loud Divergence Between Sea-Level Reality And Climate Change Theory’ | Climatism
- OUR Planet Has Enjoyed 10 Warm Periods During The Past 10,000 Years | Climatism
- SNOWFALL Will Become “A Very Rare And Exciting Event…” | Climatism
“The pity is that Alarmist media cannot seem to educate the public, and doesn’t do a little reading-up on the subject, but rather seems determined to horrify. Horror is not helpful, unless your intent is to herd people with a sort of bullying. To paraphrase FDR, in truth we have nothing to be horrified about but horror itself.”
A truly glorious read on the wonders of the Arctic wilderness and its wildlife, to the not so wondrous world of the politicisation of climate ‘science’…
One thing that has fascinated me, in my study of sea-ice, is how swiftly vast areas can freeze over. This is apparent from many sources.
The captains of whaling ships, tempted north by whale’s habit of hunting in the rich ecosystem that exists at the very edge of the ice, sometimes appear like cowards for turning tail and fleeing the refreeze far before the whales chose to depart. (You might think whales would know best when to depart, for they suffocate when trapped under ice). However this choice does not seem so foolish once you understand larger whales could break up through a foot of ice, (with smaller beluga whales following and using the air-holes big whales created), while, without a strong following wind, a sailing craft could be bogged down and halted by a skim of ice only an inch thick. And despite all precautions, the ice formed so…
View original post 1,799 more words
More inconvenient climate change (aka global warming) news…
Heavy ice is making it impossible for fishermen from the Twillingate area to get to their crab fishing grounds. It may not open up until mid-May. (Twitter/@jeddore1972) Source: CBC
The title of this post sounds contradictory to most of what the media is saying about Arctic ice being in a tailspin, setting records for low extents, etc. And reports of ice blocking Newfoundland also fly in the face of media claims.
I will let you in on a secret: Arctic Ocean ice is doing fine and well above the decadal average. The only place where ice is below normal is outside the Arctic Ocean, namely Bering and Okhotsk Seas in the Pacific. Claims of disappearing ice pertain not to the Arctic itself, but to marginal Pacific seas that will melt out anyway in September.
I noticed the pattern this April when it became obvious that including Bering and Okhotsk in…
View original post 513 more words
Great analysis by Paul Homewood explaining the “SUPER HOT” Arctic atmosphere, that has become the latest, hysterical climate (weather) event of the month pushed by climate alarmists.
By Paul Homewood
There has been increasing hysteria from global warming alarmists lately about polar sea ice trends.
So let’s start with the Arctic, where sea ice extent, despite some unusually, but certainly not unprecedented, mild weather in the last couple of months, has been tracking close to 2012.
View original post 843 more words
People who follow the “climate change” mantra know exactly what to think and feel about the topic but have no concept of the facts. This is problematic as the inability to recognise and compare historical evidence against real-world data, ferments a groupthink hysteria that
global warming climate change is unprecedented and caused solely by evil humans.
This is simply not true. Climate change, extreme or otherwise, has been happening for billions of years, and yes, well before industrialisation.
Climate group-thinkers are very strong on opinion and shonky on facts. They know what they should think about
global warming climate change, but have no idea why they should think it.
This five minute US congressional video highlights brilliantly the fact-free, pseudoscientific groupthink zealotry that has so dangerously infected the gullible, and inspired a trillion dollar faith-based industry we know as “climate change”.
Be sure to watch this ‘ouch’ moment c/o Barack Obama’s Chief Climate Advisor… 🤔
The article, which was written by the Associated Press, appeared in scores of newspapers around the country in November of 1922. A researcher named John Lockwood found the article archived at the Library of Congress in 2007.
The article was based on a report that appeared in the November 1922 edition of the Monthly Weather Review. The original report says an expedition was sent by the Norwegian Department of Commerce to the Arctic Circle to survey land and to make “oceanographic investigations.” According to excerpts from the report:
“The Arctic Ocean is warming up, icebergs are growing scarcer and in some places the seals are finding the water too hot, according to a report to the Commerce Department yesterday from Consul Ifft, at Bergen, Norway.
“Reports from fishermen, seal hunters and explorers, he declared, all point to a radical change in climate conditions and hitherto unheard-of temperatures in the Arctic zone.
“Exploration expeditions report that scarcely any ice has been met with as far north as 81 degrees 29 minutes. Soundings to a depth of 3,100 meters showed the gulf stream still very warm.
“Great masses of ice have been replaced by moraines of earth and stones, the report continued, while at many points well known glaciers have entirely disappeared.
“Very few seals and no white fish are found in the eastern Arctic, while vast shoals of herring and smelts, which have never before ventured so far north, are being encountered in the old seal fishing grounds.”
“Ice conditions were exceptional. In fact, so little ice has never before been noted … This is the farthest north ever reached with modern oceanographic apparatus.
“…It is of interest to note the unusually warm summer in Arctic Norway and the observations of Capt. MartinIngebrigstaen, who has sailed the eastern Arctic for 54 years past.
“He says that he first noted warmer conditions in 1918, that since that time it has steadily gotten warmer, and that to-day the Arctic of that region is not recognizable as the same region of 1868 to 1917.”
Yes! The Climate Changes, even when your SUV is garaged.
- Climate Change Insanity Never Changes | Climatism
- Understanding The “Hottest Year Evah” | Climatism
- Alarmist Scientists Are Trying To Hide The Good News That The Planet Is Getting Greener | Climatism
- CSIRO Censoring Their Own Climate Research | Climatism
- Continued Hype and Deceit Drive Climate, Energy Agenda – Clobbering Poor Families | Climatism
- Global Warming Is The Greatest And Most Successful Pseudoscientific Fraud In History | Climatism
UN Climate Alarmism Related :
- Shock news : UN Carbon Regime Would Devastate Humanity | Climatism
- “In Searching For A New Enemy To Unite Us, We Came Up With The Threat Of Global Warming” | Climatism
- Shock news : The UN’s Real Agenda Is A New World Order Under Its Control | Climatism
Arctic Recovery Related :
- Arctic Ice Extent Recovering At Record Pace | Climatism
- ARCTIC ALARMISM UPDATE : Cambridge University Professor Accused Of “Crying Wolf” | Climatism
- Arctic Ice Extent Recovering At Record Pace | Climatism
Note to readers:
- Detailed satellite measurements of glaciers and ice extent only began after 1979. We therefore only have 34 years of satellite monitoring to base detailed observations on. For historical climate perspective we have to rely on literal first-hand accounts and observations for any time before 1979.
- Is the decline of Arctic sea ice extent from the century maximum of 1979 and glacial retreat in some areas, proof of ‘man-made’ global warming? Historical records tend to disagree or show similar, if not much warmer periods and greater melt occurrence throughout our history.
- Real Science has compiled brilliant examples of ‘first-hand’ accounts and observations from press clippings when the polar regions have been in warm/warmer cycles throughout human observable history. Fascinating reading, if you’re into a climate historical perspective…
- AGW climate alarmists will scoff at this list, because they like to believe the climate started in 1976, when the planet came out it’s 1945-1976 cooling phase and began the supposed ‘anthropogenic’ warming phase, until all that warming came to a grinding halt in 1998.
Lots of comments today from people whining about man-made glacial retreat. I assume it is an organized event, so let’s just put it to bed right now.
The current Greenland warming, while not yet quite matching the temperatures of 70 years ago …..
“Examination of several proxy records (e.g., sediment cores) of sea ice indicate ice-free or near ice-free summer conditions for at least some time during the period of 15,000 to 5,000 years ago”
CLEVELAND, Feb. 16 (A.A.P.) Dr. William S. Carlson, an Arctic expert, said to-night that the Polar icecaps were melting at an astonishing and unexplained rate and were threatening to swamp seaports by raising the ocean levels.
The glaciers of Norway and Alaska are only half the size they were 50 years age. The temperature around Spitsbergen has so modified that the sailing time has lengthened…
View original post 517 more words
“It doesn’t matter what is true,
it only matters what people believe is true.”
– Paul Watson,
co-founder of Greenpeace
According the top US scientists the Arctic should be ‘ice-free’ in a few weeks:
Professor Paul Wedhams delays an ‘ice-free’ Arctic by two years:
“Given present trends in extent and thickness, the ice in September will be gone in a very short while, perhaps by 2015.”
‘Arctic is Rotten and decayed and will all melt soon’
Via Real Science:
David Barber says that the little remaining ice in the Arctic is rotten and decayed and will all melt soon. (He has been saying that for every year I can remember.)
Paul Beckwith of Sierra Club Canada still thinks “Arctic sea ice will vanish” in a few weeks:
National Geographic laments:
“Arctic Ice in ‘Death Spiral” with additional heating due to global warming, the extent of sea ice cover has gotten smaller and smaller over the summers since the 1980s.
Look forward to Nat Geo’s Arctic ice Death Spiral, rotten decaying, ice-free arctic 2013 update: “We’ve got no idea what we’re talking about. However human’s are still to blame, the problem of global warming will
hopefully not go away.”
From Real Science:
Reader Brian D sent over this 1971 National Geographic map, which shows that there is a lot more Arctic sea ice now than there was 42 years ago.
I remember seeing that map at the time. The next map overlays current ice extent on the 1971 map, with green representing ice present in 2013 that was not present in 1971, and red representing the opposite.
NSIDC likes to pretend that ice has been declining steadily, by starting their graphs near the century maximum in 1978.
But sadly for them, the 1990 IPCC report captured the growth in ice prior to 1979.
NCAR mentioned the ice growth at the time
by Walter Orr Roberts Aspen Institute for Humanistic Studies, andNational Center for Atmospheric Research, Boulder, Colorado
In February of 1972 earth-orbiting artificial satellites revealed the existence of a greatly increased area of the snow and ice cover of the north polar cap as compared to all previous years of space age observations.
As did the CIA
Is Mark Serreze hiding the incline of Arctic ice since 1971?
2013 ARCTIC STATS:
- 2013: According to Environment Canada, the Western Arctic has the 3rd highest July ice coverage in history:
- Beaufort Sea ice area currently above normal:
- Arctic sea-ice extent highest for the date since 2005:
- 2013 the coldest summer on record in the Arctic:
Our leading diplomats, scientists and environmental organizations have promised that the remaining 155,000 Manhattans of Arctic sea ice are going to melt in the next week or two. The graph below updates the most likely death spiral trajectory.
the Arctic will be ice-free in the summer of 2013
– John Kerry, US Secretary of State
James Hansen : ‘This is the last chance’
“We see a tipping point occurring right before our eyes,” Hansen told the AP before the luncheon. “The Arctic is the first tipping point and it’s occurring exactly the way we said it would.”
Hansen, echoing work by other scientists, said thatin five to 10 years, the Arctic will be free of sea ice in the summer.
June 26, 2013
The alarming loss of sea ice which has grown worse each summer over the past several decades, has taken a sharp turn for the worse: this year the loss is right in the middle, the most resilient part of the ice cover. This could lead to a completely ice-free Arctic Ocean by September.
Disappearing at an unprecedented rate, means growing at an unprecedented rate since last summer.
Satellite imagery shows that there is 50% more ice than last year (green area.)
Arctic ice area has increased by almost 20,000 Manhattans from this date last year, making it the second largest increase on record. The only year which gained more ice was 1996.
In a few days, it is likely that 2013 will move into the #1 spot.
Cheers, Steven Goddard Real Science