UNRELIABLES UPDATE : Households Will Be Offered Cash To Switch Off Their Air Conditioners And Help Prevent Blackouts This SummerPosted: August 21, 2019
“Renewable energy technologies simply won’t work; we need a fundamentally different approach.” – Top Google engineers
“Suggesting that renewables will let us phase rapidly off fossil fuels in the United States, China, India, or the world as a whole is almost the equivalent of believing in the Easter Bunny and Tooth Fairy.” – James Hansen (The Godfather of global warming alarmism and former NASA climate chief)
WESTERN climate change-theory-obsessed politicians continue their ruinous and costly obsession with wind and solar ‘energy’. UNreliable ‘power’ that repeatedly fails the environment, communities and economies wherever installed.
ENERGY poverty, blackouts, skyrocketing power bills, business and heavy industry closures, grid instability and the destruction of pristine landscapes, among the many deleterious effects of the mad rush into low energy-density, weather and fossil-fuel dependent windmills and solar panels.
IN the latest round of insane proposals offered to hard-working taxpayers, in order to cover ‘renewable’ energy shortfalls, the Victorian State Government of Australia is offering cash payments to consumers to “switch off their AC’s to help prevent blackouts this summer”.
AND, you thought that you were living in the 21st Century? Wrong again…
Via 7 News Melbourne :
THE twisted merry-go-round of ‘renewable’ energy payments to keep the lights on gives true meaning to the old adage, “robbing Peter to pay Paul”.
ENERGY poverty, rising insurance premiums, business closures, job losses and the highest electricity prices in the world is the grim reality of what life looks like under the totalitarian rule of the feel-good ‘Greens’. The zero-emissions zealots who want to force us backwards down the energy ladder to the days of human, animal and solar power.
JUST as socialist central planning failed miserably before it was replaced by free market economies, green central planning will have to be discarded before Australia and other Western nations, crippled by pseudoscientific climatology and the mad rush into costly and intermittent ‘green’ energy, will see a return to energy security, competitive pricing, business prosperity, job opportunities and a ‘liveable’ existence for our most vulnerable.
“BLACKOUT” UPDATE AUGUST, 22
MORE than a million Victorian households are at risk of being without power this summer during extreme heat if coal and gas plants are not returned to service in time for peak periods, the energy market operator has warned…
SEE also :
- GREEN ‘ENERGY’ FAIL : Victorian’s Sweat Through A Great Green Hoax | Climatism
- MUST READ : China And India Will Watch The West Destroy Itself – OpEd | Climatism
ENEGRY POVERTY Related :
- ‘GREEN’ Energy Poverty : Thousands Dying Because They Can’t Afford Heating Bills | Climatism
- GREEN ENERGY POVERTY: Volunteer Knitters In High Demand As Soaring Power Prices Leave People Cold | Climatism
- DO NOT PASS GO! Seven Years Jail Time For Using Cheap Electricity In Australia | Climatism
- MEMO To Dr Joe : Cold Kills 20 Times More People Than Heat | Climatism
- POLITICIANS Mad With Global Warming Theory Are Destroying The Economy And Hurting The Poor | Climatism
- “Runaway Global Warming” Update: 48,000 Brits Dead After Worst Winter In 42 Years | Climatism
- GLOBAL WARMING Might Not Hurt, But Warming Policies Do : Former Australian PM Spells Out The Inconvenient Truth | Climatism
STATE Of The Climate Report :
IPCC Extreme Weather Report 2018 SR15 :
EXTREME WEATHER Related :
- COGNITIVE BIAS : Climate Change Alarmists Refuse To Accept ‘The Science’ That Proves Extreme Weather Events Are NOT Increasing | Climatism
TEMPERATURE Related :
- JAPAN ACKNOWLEDGES THE GLOBAL WARMING ‘PAUSE’ : Sanctions 35 New Coal Power Plants Added To The 100 Currently Operational | Climatism
- THE Great Global Warming “Pause” | Climatism
- GLOBAL Temperature Drops By 0.4°C In Three Years | Climatism
- PEER-REVIEWED SCIENCE : The Medieval Warm Period Was Indeed Global And Warmer Than Today | Climatism
- THE SUN : Climate Control Knob, Enemy Of The Climate Cult | Climatism
- THE SUN : Climate Changer, Climate Driver, Climate Disruptor | Climatism
ORIGINS Of The Global Warming Scam :
- DRACONIAN UN CLIMATE AGENDA EXPOSED : ‘Global Warming Fears Are A Tool For Political and Economic Change…It Has Nothing To Do With The Actual Climate’ | Climatism
- UN Carbon Regime Would Devastate Humanity And The Environment | Climatism
- DR TIM BALL MUST READ : Environmentalism – Evidence Suggests It Was Always And Only About Achieving World Government | Climatism
- THE Catastrophic Anthropogenic Global Warming Scam | Climatism
- CLIMATE CHANGE : The Unsettled Science Of “Settled” Science | Climatism
- FATHER Of The 2°C Climate Target Admits Number Is Fabricated : ‘Two degrees is not a magical limit; it’s clearly a political goal’ | Climatism
- TIM FLANNERY – Professor of Dud Predictions and Climate Falsehoods | Climatism
- THE Mind-blowing Costs Of Global Warming Hysteria | Climatism
- THE Orwellian Era Of @NASA Climate Pseudoscience | Climatism
- WESTERN Nations, Driven By A Global Agenda Of Climate Alarmism, Are Destroying Their Industries With Carbon Taxes And Promotion Of Expensive, Intermittent Green Energy | Climatism
- TOMORROW’S Grim, Global, Green Dictatorship | Climatism
- CLIMATE CHANGE – The Most Massive Scientific Fraud In Human History | Climatism
- “In Searching For A New Enemy To Unite Us, We Came Up With The Threat Of Global Warming” | Climatism
- The Creator, Fabricator And Proponent Of Global Warming – Maurice Strong | Climatism
- Global Warming Is The Greatest And Most Successful Pseudoscientific Fraud In History | Climatism
- Sustainability is Malthusianism for the 21st Century | Climatism
- THE Climate Change Farce Explained By Two Expert “Scientists” | Climatism
- UN IPCC : Climate “Has Almost Nothing To Do With Environmental Policy.” | Climatism
- UN IPCC : “Long-Term Prediction of Future Climate States Is Not Possible.” | Climatism
- UN IPCC Rewrote Temperature History To Suit Their Political Agenda | Climatism
- 100% Of Climate Models Prove That 97% Of Climate Scientists Were Wrong! | Climatism
- YES! The Climate Changes | Climatism
- OUR Planet Has Enjoyed 10 Warm Periods During The Past 10,000 Years | Climatism
- THE ARCTIC : Ground Zero For Anthropogenic Hubris And Climate Change Hysteria | Climatism
(Climate sceptics/rationalists still waitin’ for that “big oil” cheque to arrive in the mail!)
Help us to hit back against the bombardment of climate lies costing our communities, economies and livelihoods far, far too much.
Thanks to all those who have donated. Your support and faith in Climatism is highly motivating and greatly appreciated!
Citizen journalists can’t rely on mastheads, rather private donations and honest content. Every pledge helps!
Click link for more info…
Thank You! Jamie.
“Articles, tweets and interviews that deliberately lob personal tears into the public domain sound the alarm bells of sanctimony..”
― Chris Kenny
FIRSTLY, apologies for the use of “suicide” in the heading to all those who have been directly or indirectly affected by such a horrible and tragic event. I can personally sympathise.
THAT said, the use of the threat of “suicide” by those pushing the
global warming climate change agenda is indicative of the desperate, dishonest and disrespectful lengths that climate activists will go to in order to drive their latest fashionable eco-scare.
AUSTRALIAN columnist Chris Kenny with some much needed perspective, clarity and reason to parlay the constant rhetoric of climate change doom and gloom that the Climate Crisis Industry relies on in an attempt to remain relevant…
(Links, Graphs and Bolds added by Climatism)
WHEN people go public with private tears I am immediately suspicious. Not that I am against tears; as a physical reaction to emotion they are a fact of life best controlled in some circumstances but uncontrollable in others.
But articles, tweets and interviews that deliberately lob personal tears into the public domain sound the alarm bells of sanctimony. Telling the world about your saltwater reaction to this or that is perhaps the epitome of virtue-signalling.
“I cried two times when my daughter was born,” was the opening line in a New York Times piece this week. Those sanctimony warning bells rang loud. It was by Iraq veteran, English professor and climate alarmist Roy Scranton, promoting a new book of essays on war and climate change titled We’re Doomed. Now What? And yes, he claims to have shed tears for the planet.
“First for joy, when after 27 hours of labour the little feral being we’d made came yowling into the world, and the second for sorrow, holding the earth’s newest human and looking out the window with her at the rows of cars in the hospital parking lot, the strip mall across the street, the box stores and drive-throughs and drainage ditches and asphalt and waste fields that had once been oak groves. A world of extinction and catastrophe, a world in which harmony with nature had long been foreclosed. My partner and I had, in our selfishness, doomed our daughter to life on a dystopian planet, and I could see no way to shield her from the future.”
Where to start with such inanity? Perhaps with the good news. Max Roser’s work for Oxford University’s Our World in Data project shows that two centuries ago, 90 per cent of the global population lived in extreme poverty and now, even though the population has grown from less than one billion people to about 7.5 billion, those proportions have completely reversed so that only 10 per cent of the world’s population lives in extreme poverty.
A MUST READ account by Australia’s most read columnist, Andrew Bolt, on the calamitous unreliable-energy disaster that has led to Australia witnessing unprecedented statewide blackouts and, officially, the most expensive power in the world.
This is one of the greatest disgraces of public policy. What makes it worse is that some of the politicians responsible have known that the global warming scare is wildly exaggerated and most know that dismantling our coal-fired power stations actually makes no difference anyway.
Bill shock pain, created by virtue signalling politicians aiming to appease the UN climate gods.
via Herald Sun :
Andrew Bolt: Idiocy fuels our energy policies
It takes world-class idiots to give Australia not just world-record electricity prices, but blackouts, too.
Your bills have doubled in a decade and the Australian Energy Market Operator (AEMO) on Wednesday warned of summer shortages.
You think “idiot” is too strong? Then how could a country with huge resources of coal, gas and uranium run short of electricity?
How could AEMO now warn that “we face an increasing and unacceptable risk that there will be insufficient capability in the system”?
“Unacceptable” hardly begins to describe what we’ve done, driven by irrational superstitions and green scares.
It was already “unacceptable” that we banned nuclear power here, despite exporting uranium for some of the 449 nuclear plants overseas that safely produce more than 10 per cent of the world’s electricity.
It is also “unacceptable” that we’ve now banned fracking for gas in Victoria, Northern Territory, Western Australia and much of NSW, also thanks to unscientific green scares. Our Chief Scientist says this technology is “completely safe” when well regulated and it’s been used in the United States to unlock such vast new supplies of cheap gas that it’s driven down prices and made the US self-reliant on energy.
So for no sane reason we’ve banned two major sources of electricity. But even more “unacceptable” is that we’ve decided that coal — our biggest source of all — should also be banned.
Coal-fired stations produce 73 per cent of our electricity and the cheapest and most reliable. Yet activists convinced politicians these stations were heating the world dangerously by releasing lots of carbon dioxide, the gas which feeds plants. Never mind that the world has, in fact, barely warmed over the past two decades.
Never mind that the predicted disasters have not occurred, either: cyclones haven’t got worse, our dams have not drained and harvests have not shrunk. And never mind that Australia’s emissions are so small that nothing we do will change the world’s temperature.
In fact, anyone mentioning those facts is screamed down as a “denier”.
But the ultimate act of idiocy was when governments helped to destroy our coal-fired stations without ensuring we’d still have enough power, cheap and steady.
In South Australia, the Labor government forced shut its last two coal-fired stations with green policies making people use more wind power instead. The blowing up of the last station, Northern, was actually celebrated in a video distributed by a public relations company.
Yes, proud to be nuts.
The thing is, wind power is so expensive and unreliable that South Australia has since suffered two huge blackouts and has the world’s most expensive electricity. That’s driven businesses broke, including, ironically, a plastics-recycling company. Now, terrified of even more blackouts, the government has bought nine diesel turbines as backup for its wind farms.
Doesn’t all that qualify as idiotic?
Or take Victoria. This year, it forced shut the giant Hazelwood coal-fired station, responsible for 20 per cent of the state’s electricity.
The Andrews Government had made the station too expensive to run or upgrade by setting renewable energy targets to make Victorians switch to heavily subsidised wind power. In a final blow, it tripled the tax on the coal Hazelwood used, so the station shut, 700 jobs were lost and power prices spiked.
More closures are coming as federal Labor scares off owners and investors by promising to force Australians to take 50 per cent of their energy from wind, solar and the existing hydro power.
Owners of coal-fired generators say they now can’t justify spending hundreds of millions of dollars to upgrade their ageing plants, let alone invest in new ones.
Result: the giant Liddell power station, Australia’s third biggest, is set to shut in 2022, despite frantic offers by the Turnbull Government to help keep it running for another five years.
What a brutal wake-up from the airy dreams of Kevin Rudd, who as Labor leader claimed cuts to emissions would cost us peanuts, “something like $1 per person per year”. In fact, electricity prices last month alone jumped by between 16 and 20 per cent.
Hear from the power distributors what’s driving up your bills. Energy Australia blames “higher generation, general business and government green-scheme costs”, including costs caused by closing the Northern and Hazelwood stations.
AGL blames “high gas prices and limited gas availability on the East Coast, the closure of ageing coal-fired generators and an uncertain policy environment”.
Yes, our electricity crisis is entirely man-made. Idiot-made, actually.
So when will this idiocy stop? Or is this the start of Australia’s decline?
Andrew Bolt writes for the Herald Sun, Daily Telegraph, and The Advertiser and runs Australia’s most-read political blog. On week nights he hosts The Bolt Report on Sky News at 7pm and his Macquarie Radio show at 8pm with Steve Price.
Energy Poverty Australia Related :
- Australian Summer Forecast: More Blackouts & Rocketing Power Prices | Climatism
- IT’S OFFICIAL : South Australia Has The World’s Highest Power Prices! | Climatism
- POLITICIANS Mad With Global Warming Theory Are Destroying The Economy And Hurting The Poor | Climatism
- DIESEL – Keeping South Australia’s Lights On Til The Next Election! | Climatism
- LIFE In A Fossil-Fuel-Free Utopia | Climatism
- THE Twisted Irony of Deep-Green Energy Policy (RET) | Climatism
World Coal-Fired Power Surge Related :
- GREEN ENERGY FAIL – World Coal Power Development Up 43% | Climatism
- Japan Infuriating Enviros By Building 45 New Coal Power Plants | Climatism
- $7.5bn worth of coal-fired power plants planned for Vietnam | Climatism
- Coal To Remain India’s Main Energy Source For At Least 30 Years, Govt Confirms | Climatism
- China’s Production Of Electricity From Coal Surges To Record Levels | Climatism
Unreliable Energy Related :
- China Counts the Staggering Cost of its Wind Power Experiment | Climatism
- Renewables Retreat: China Slaps Ban on New Wind Power Projects | Climatism
- Germany’s €Trillion Euro Disaster: Wind Power ‘Transition’ Destroys its Industrial Heartland | Climatism
- Adding More Solar And Wind Power ‘Doubles’ CO2 Emissions | Climatism
- Is The Energiewende Running Out Of Steam? | Climatism
- Germany’s Energiewende Nightmare: Grid Collapse Looms Due to Erratic Wind & Solar | Climatism
“With wind power output heading south, the spot price for the 5 minute interval topped $9,000 per MWh for something that costs coal-fired plant less than $50 to deliver (at a profit).”
“As wind power output collapsed…the period from 4pm to 7pm saw the 5 minute interval price twice top $13,000 per MWh.”
“The Victorians that cheered when Hazelwood closed its doors are going to get a taste of what South Australians call their very own: a costly brand of virtuous misery.
This Summer, it’s every man for themselves. Welcome to your wind powered future!”
THE incredible cost of “save the planet” virtue signalling for all to see – if you can afford to turn your lights on, or not suffering through another blackout!
WE really are living in the age of collective ‘climate change’ insanity.
TSK tsk tsk 🙈
Australia’s decade-long dalliance with sunshine and breezes is about to get really, really serious.
South Australia’s reputation as both Australia’s wind power capital and the home of the highest power prices in the world, and mass load shedding and statewide blackouts is no coincidence.
The implicit purpose behind Australia’s Federal Large-Scale Renewable Energy Target is to promote wind and solar power at the expense of the cheap and reliable stuff.
The Federal LRET has been so ‘successful’, that South Australia is now the butt of international jokes. However, this Summer will find Victorians in the same predicament.
South Australia blew up its last coal-fired power plant this year (an early victim of the LRET) and the Federal Coalition stood idly by while Victoria allowed its 1,600 MW Hazelwood plant to close earlier this year – all to cheers from lunatics like Jay Weatherill and Daniel Andrews. Predictably, the wholesale price…
View original post 1,964 more words