AFTER a brutally cold 2017/18 winter that witnessed record cold and snowfall across most of the Northern Hemisphere and snow again reaching all 50 states of the US, climate ambulance chasers have been eager to jump on recent heatwaves that have hit parts of the US and Europe…
ROY Spencer, PhD meteorologist with 40 years experience cools down the predicted hysteria with a healthy dose of stubborn facts and historical records that show nothing unusual about the latest ‘summer’ heatwaves…
WITH the mercury topping 38C in Sydney over the weekend (hottest in 78 years), the usual climate ambulance chasers will be sharpening the lead and filling ink wells to inscribe
“climate change” “global warming” on their “extreme weather” report cards, feeling morally-bound to fashionably link mankind’s activities to the follies of nature.
HOWEVER, heatwaves and fires in Sydney during autumn months are not uncommon, even when CO2 was at ‘safe’ levels…
(2018 atmospheric CO2 levels are currently at ~400 ppm)
1899 CO2 = 295 ppm
HEAT WAVE IN SYDNEY.A heat wave reaced Sydney to-day, causing the thermometers to register 90.4deg. in the shade. This heat, though much less than was recently recorded in the southern capitals, was far more enervating, owing to the huge percentage of moisture in the atmosphere. Mr. Russell says that only a dozen times in the history of the colony has a higher March temperature been recorded in Sydney, and if the lateness of the month is taken into account, to-day’s heat will go very close to constituting a record. In the evening a cool change set in from the south.
WHAT do you do when you submit to the deep-green climate faith, blow up all your baseload coal-fired power stations, disconnect from the National grid and become reliant on intermittent, weather-dependent, unreliable green energy – wind and solar?
THOSE blackouts, which occur when the total demand for electricity exceeds supply, occurred three times last summer.
BUT, aren’t petrochemicals, like diesel, the same “dirty” fossil fuels that climate catastrophists scarify us for indulging in, claiming that their use will fry the planet? #LeaveItInTheGround, #BigOilShill, #DivestFossilFuels – a few of the propagandised euphemisms bandied around by eco-activists.
SO, that question again – what’s the point of the billion dollar, taxpayer funded, unreliable energy (wind and solar) experiment?
FOR the Jay Weatherill’s of the planet, one could only assume that it’s a moral blend of “Save the Planet” virtue, mixed with “Save the Planet” virtue. It certainly has nothing to do with sense or reason, or being “green”…
Generators the Weatherill government is buying to prevent blackouts this summer ahead of the March state election will use 80,000 litres of diesel an hour.
The fleet of generators, currently being shipped from Europe to South Australia, have been used for temporary generation around the world. But those behind the South Australian energy security project, costing taxpayers more than $300 million, yesterday could not say if the generators had ever been used as part of a permanent solution.
In a major revision to his $550m go-it-alone energy plan, Premier Jay Weatherill last week announced nine “state-of-the-art” generators providing up to 276 megawatts would be purchased to provide back-up power for the next two summers.
AS part of the government’s $550 million go-it-alone energy plan, the Premier, along with Tesla’s subsidy-sucking vampire Elon Musk, announced in July that Tesla would build a $200 million 100MW giant battery pack to store energy for when the wind don’t blow or when the sun don’t shine…
BUT, this week, in a blow to Jay Weatherill’s “bromance” with Mr Musk, the US tech billionaire’s Tesla has slammed the South Australian government’s planned energy security target and warned it is not representative of the state’s leadership on renewable energy.
ANALYSIS of Tesla’s (toxic) battery pack by Paul Homewood estimates that it “could have enough battery storage to replace wind power for a whole minute, should the wind stop.”
Other analysts suggest that the battery is still only big enough to keep a town of just 13,000 homes going for 24 hours!
IS Elon hedging his grandiose claim of Tesla saving South Australia from complete energy meltdown? Sounds a lot like it. Ouch.
JUST as socialist central planning failed miserably before it was replaced by free market economies, green central planning will have to be discarded before South Australia will be able to see a return to energy security and erase its name from the unenviable title of having the “highest power prices in the world.”
UNTIL big government backs off, taxpayers will continue to pay billions of dollars more for fake fixes to a fake catastrophe.
“My sympathies to all the South Australians who didn’t vote for this.” Jo Nova.
Climatism concurs, Jo!
H/t to Miranda Devine
SA Power Crisis Related :
- IT’S OFFICIAL : South Australia Has The World’s Highest Power Prices! | Climatism
- THE Twisted Irony of Deep-Green Energy Policy (RET) | Climatism
- POLITICIANS Mad With Global Warming Theory Are Destroying The Economy And Hurting The Poor | Climatism
- $14,000 per MWh – the price South Australia Pays for Renewables Madness | Climatism
- ‘Unreliable’ Power Australia – Steven Marshall Should Have Listened And Blown Up A Wind Farm | Climatism
- South Australia Blackout Report : Green Energy Failure | Climatism
- When The Wind Don’t Blow, The Lights Don’t Glow! | Climatism
- Doomed to the Dark Ages: No Solution for South Australia’s Wind Power Blackouts | Climatism
- ‘Unreliable’ Power Australia – Green Hypocrites Exposed By South Australia Storm | Climatism
- How green power has killed South Australia | Herald Sun
- Blackout Blues: Wind Power Obsession Makes South Australia an International Joke | Climatism
- Elon’ll Fix It! | Climatism
See Also :
- THE $Trillion Windmill Industry Is The Greatest Scam Of Our Age | Climatism
- Wind Power Chaos Promises to Deliver Mass Summer Blackouts Across Australia | Climatism
- Hazelwood Power Plant Closing 31st March – Currently Delivering More Power Than Every Wind Plant In Australia | Climatism
- The Renewable Energy Target: useless, expensive, mad | Herald Sun
- JUST 1 IN 6.6 MILLION CHANCE TO STOP WARMING | Herald Sun
- Adding More Solar And Wind Power ‘Doubles’ CO2 Emissions | Climatism
“With the closure of Victoria’s Hazelwood plant in April, Victorians are going to get a taste of what their South Australian neighbours have been living with for years: routine load shedding and mass blackouts.”
The mind boggles for SA who are going to incur more mass blackouts, if that’s possible, with the closure of Hazlewood which provided 25% of SA baseload power. Backup coal-fired power from Victoria, on demand, when the wind stopped blowing or it was night time and the SA solar panels went to bed.
It’s gonna be one hell of a summer in southern Australia. Actual lives are now at risk thanks to reckless, feckless, feel-good “global warming” policies ! 🔥
The only businesses which are bouncing along in South Australia are those selling portable diesel generators, candles and LED headlamps.
The sort of staple items you might find on a Doomsday Prepper’s list. However, in Australia’s so-called wind power capital, BYO and DIY power and lighting are everyday essentials.
SA’s vapid Premier, Jay Weatherill pretends that he has everything under control. Australia’s Energy Market Operator clearly thinks otherwise.
AEMO warns of more blackouts
The Australian Financial Review
Mark Ludlow and Angela MacDonald-Smith
15 June 2017
Australia is at risk of more blackouts next summer despite new initiatives from energy regulators and governments, according to forecasts from the Australian Energy Market Operator.
The AEMO report to be released on Thursday also warns the looming gas shortage – which resulted in Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull declaring an “energy crisis” – could still occur if too much gas was exported overseas.
View original post 711 more words
By switching from global warming to “climate change” they now blame every weather event on humans, and lack of action by politicians.
This provides a mechanism to blackmail politicians. Any weather event like Hurricane Sandy or a hot summer in Australia is now used to pummel local politicians, few of which have the knowledge or integrity to withstand the pressure.
That is why a knowledge of climate history is so important, and why I have devoted thousands of hours to studying it. Politicians need to be aware of and be able to cite specific weather events from the past, in order to counter the the endless claims of climate change and unprecedented weather.
The world is following the same path of ignorance as in the 16th century, when 30,000 people were burned at the stake for “cooking the weather.”
“We’ve got to ride this global warming issue.
Even if the theory of global warming is wrong,
we will be doing the right thing in terms of
economic and environmental policy.“
– Timothy Wirth,
President of the UN Foundation
With the 2014 Australian summer afoot, the usual band of climate criminals have been jumping on the ‘Global’ warming fear-train, drumming up support for their ailing
global warming climate change cause. A cause which mother nature has severely battered in recent months and indeed over the past 16 years.
Tim Flannery’s privately formed “Climate Council” has led the alarmist charge, spewing out the usual catastrophic weather reports, blaming evil human carbon
dioxide pollution emissions on any summer induced bush-fire, hot day or heat-wave that unseasonably rolls through Australia in summer.
Global warming sympathetic media outlets, in particular the ABC, regularly cite Flannery’s dire prognostications, whilst omitting valuable climate history. Historical information which tells us that Australian heatwaves are far from ‘unprecedented’. In fact, newspaper reports dating back to the late 1800’s depict heatwaves of at least equal intensity as present day systems. The only difference being, the blistering Australian heatwaves of the 1800’s existed when CO2 was at 280PPM and not today’s 398PPM.
Viv Forbes provides a good summary via WattsUpWithThat »
Guest essay by Viv Forbes
No doubt we will hear how the current heatwaves in Australia are “unprecedented” and evidence of dangerous man-made global warming.
They are neither “global” nor “unprecedented”.
In the great heatwave of 1896, with nearly 200 deaths, the temperature at Bourke did not fall below 45.6 degC for six weeks, and the maximum was 53.3 degC. Bushfires raged throughout NSW and 66 people perished in the heat.
In 1897, Perth had an 18 day heatwave with a record of 43.3 degC. Other heatwaves were reported at Winton, 1891, Melbourne 1892, Boulia 1901, Sydney 1903, Perth 1906 and so on.
Why don’t we hear of these severe heatwaves from the past? Simple – the government Bureau of Meteorology conveniently ignores all temperature records before 1910.
However, that does not excuse our media for neglecting the written records such as these preserved in newspapers of the past.
Could it be that both the BOM and some of the media are still trying to preserve the ailing global warming scare?
via Real Science
In January, 1858 Adelaide had nine consecutive days over 100F, topping out at 116.3.
The graph below compares that to the “record heatwave” during the last nine days in Adelaide. The 1858 heatwave averaged 11 degrees warmer, with every day of the heatwave hotter than the corresponding day this year. CO2 was 280 PPM at the time.
Let’s play the Heatwaves PR game. If CO2 had an effect we’d see a significant increase in the rate of global warming over the decades since WWII, the models would work, and climate scientists would be able to predict our climate. Since none of that is true, those with a political agenda have to clutch at noisy but marketable extremes instead. Apparently even a half-true, noisy, non-causal link is good enough for post-modern scientists. Read on…
Australia Heatwave Related :
- Longest Heatwave In History Was 90 Years Ago. Worst Heatwave Was 100 Years Ago | Real Science
- Sydney Was Over 100 Degrees 10 Out Of 15 Days In The 1905-1906 Heatwave | Real Science
- January, 1896 – Darling River Had 13 Days Over 120 Degrees | Real Science
- January, 1896 : Another Station On The Darling River Hit 130 Degrees | Real Science
- 1889 – January 16 Was The Hottest Day In Australia’s History – Just Not This Century | Real Science
- January, 1939 : Record Heat And Fires In Australia | Real Science
- Eight reasons the Australian heatwave is not “climate change” « JoNova
- Get Headlines! How to find a heatwave in five easy steps « JoNova
Australia Climate Related :
- RSS Shows No Warming In Australia | CACA
- Europe’s Green Energy Basket Case Is Tim Flannery’s Dream | CACA
- Shock News : Before The Commodore Australia Had Droughts | CACA
- Shock News : Australia’s Carbon Tax Has Killed Jobs And Destroyed Nation’s Competitiveness | CACA
- Claim: Humans behind record Australian heat, research shows | CACA
- Sydney Almost As Warm As 100 years Ago | CACA
- Australia’s record hottest 12 month period? Junk science say the Satellites | CACA
- Mystery black-box method used to make *all new* Australian “hottest” ever records « JoNova
- Australia’s Angry Hot Summer was hot angry hype– satellites show it was average « JoNova
- Claim : Unprecedented Australian Bushfires | CACA
- Australia’s Climate Comm: Propaganda Unit Blinded By Ideology | CACA
- Claim: Ocean Acidification Is Climate Change’s ‘Equally Evil Twin’ | CACA
- Shock News : Australia’s Climate Has Never Been Stable | CACA
- Shock News : NSW Fires Have Nothing To Do With Global Warming | CACA
- Sea-level rises are slowing, tidal gauge records show (Sydney) | CACA
- Global Warming Deaths To Quadruple By 2050 | CACA
- BOM – Climate Education – Australian Climate Extremes
- Drought in Australia a natural phenomenon (Great AU Drought Resource)
Climatism Hot Links :
- Global Warming Is The Greatest And Most Successful Pseudoscientific Fraud In History | CACA
- NATURE STUDY Confirms Global Warming Stopped 15 Years Ago | CACA
- Establishing Propaganda Is Vital For Climate Action | CACA
- Driessen : A Climate of Fear, Cash and Correctitude | CACA
- UN Climate Chief Says Communism Is Best To Fight Global Warming | CACA
- Global Warming Was Never About Science. It Was Always About Power And Money | CACA
- ‘Global warming is the greatest and most successful pseudoscientific fraud I have seen in my long life’ | CACA
- The Great Global Warming Climate Shift | CACA
- Judith Curry : Senate EPW Hearing on the President’s Climate Action Plan | CACA
- Europe’s Green Energy Basket Case Is Tim Flannery’s Dream | CACA
Quote Source – The Green Agenda