“Giving society cheap, abundant energy would be the
equivalent of giving an idiot child a machine gun.”
– Prof Paul Ehrlich, Stanford University/Royal Society fellow
“Isn’t the only hope for the planet that the industrialized civilizations collapse? Isn’t it our responsibility to bring that about?” – Maurice Strong, founder of the UN Environment Programme (UNEP)
SEE now what their panic-making has inspired – symbolic global warming schemes that have hurt us infinitely more than any slight, and most probably beneficial, global warming ever could…
“More than 2,700 people are dying each year in England and Wales because they cannot afford to keep their homes warm, according to an official study.
The spiralling cost of gas and electricity combined with the impact of green taxes is putting health and lives at risk, researchers found.
The study concluded that green taxes on household power bills are ‘regressive’ and have a disproportionate impact on poorer households.”
Paul Homewood with the latest disturbing statistics out of UK’s ONS:
The ONS has published the Excess Winter Deaths stats for 2017/18, and as expected they are sharply up:
- In the 2017 to 2018 winter period, there were an estimated 50,100 excess winter deaths in England and Wales.
- The number of excess winter deaths in 2017 to 2018 was the highest recorded since winter 1975 to 1976.
- During the winter months of 2017 to 2018, the number of daily deaths exceeded the daily five-year average for all days except 25 March. [Winter is defined as Dec to March]
- Excess winter mortality in 2017 to 2018 significantly increased from 2016 to 2017 in all English regions and Wales, with Wales having the highest regional index.
- Excess winter mortality continued to be highest in females and people aged 85 and over.
- Excess winter mortality doubled among males aged 0 to 64 years between 2016 to 2017 and 2017 to 2018.
- Over one-third (34.7%) of all excess winter deaths were caused by respiratory diseases.
This is strong evidence that heatwaves have no significant effect on mortality rates.
But that does not stop MPs from warning us about 7000 heat-related deaths every year by 2050.
THIS is the grim reality of what life looks like under the totalitarian rule of the feel-good ‘Greens’. The “zero-emissions” zealots who want to force us backwards down the energy ladder to the days of human, animal and solar power.
JUST as socialist central planning failed miserably before it was replaced by free market economies, green central planning will have to be discarded before Australia and other Western nations, crippled by the mad rush into costly ‘green’ energy, will see a return to energy security, competitive pricing and a ‘liveable’ existence for our most vulnerable.
ENEGRY POVERTY Related :
- GREEN ENERGY POVERTY: Volunteer Knitters In High Demand As Soaring Power Prices Leave People Cold | Climatism
- DO NOT PASS GO! Seven Years Jail Time For Using Cheap Electricity In Australia | Climatism
- MEMO To Dr Joe : Cold Kills 20 Times More People Than Heat | Climatism
- POLITICIANS Mad With Global Warming Theory Are Destroying The Economy And Hurting The Poor | Climatism
- “Runaway Global Warming” Update: 48,000 Brits Dead After Worst Winter In 42 Years | Climatism
- GLOBAL WARMING Might Not Hurt, But Warming Policies Do : Former Australian PM Spells Out The Inconvenient Truth | Climatism
- Why is one older person dying every seven minutes during the winter? | Dawn Foster | Society | The Guardian
SEE also : Read the rest of this entry »