THE Mind-blowing Costs Of Global Warming HysteriaPosted: May 21, 2018
WHEN will climate-theory-obsessed politicians and sycophant media finally call off their
global warming climate change jihad that’s punishing the poor without helping the planet?
WE were told we’d have more cyclones, not less.
WE were promised “permanent” drought, not record rains.
WE were promised less snow, not more.
WE were promised more “extreme weather”, not less.
WE were promised fewer crops, not record output.
WE were promised fewer polar bears, not more.
WE were promised more global warming, not a near twenty year warming “pause”.
PENSIONERS unable to pay for their heating or cooling.
IT’S time to count the shocking price we’ve paid for listening to global warming scaremongers like Tim Flannery.
SEE now what their panic-making has inspired – global warming schemes that have hurt us infinitely more than any slight global warming could ever do.
DURING the height of the global warming scare around 2007, soon after Al Gore’s science fiction movie “An Inconvenient Truth” aired, (which was swiftly shot down as a “political fiction” by the British High Court’s, Judge Michael Burton who ruled that errors had arisen “in the context of alarmism and exaggeration”) Tim Flannery infamously claimed:
“SO, even the rain that falls isn’t actually going to fill our dams and our river systems…” – Tim Flannery 2007
In 2004 Flannery said:
“I think there is a fair chance Perth will be the 21st century’s first ghost metropolis. It’s whole primary production is in dire straits and the eastern states are only 30 years behind.”
We are “one of the most physically vulnerable people on the Earth,” and “southern Australia is going to be impacted very severely and very detrimentally by global climate change.” We are going to experience “conditions not seen in 40 million years.”
In 2007 he said:
“…That’s because the soil is warmer because of global warming and the plants are under more stress and therefore using more moisture. So even the rain that falls isn’t actually going to fill our dams and our river systems, and that’s a real worry for the people in the bush. If that trend continues then I think we’re going to have serious problems, particularly for irrigation.”
“The one-in-1000-years drought is, in fact, Australia’s manifestation of the global fingerprint of drought caused by climate change.”
In May 2007 he warned that:
“Brisbane and Adelaide – home to a combined total of three million people – could run out of water by year’s end;”
and that the country was facing
“the most extreme and the most dangerous situation arising from climate change facing any country in the world right now.”
In June 2007 he said:
“Over the past 50 years southern Australia has lost about 20 per cent of its rainfall, and one cause is almost certainly global warming. Similar losses have been experienced in eastern Australia, and although the science is less certain it is probable that global warming is behind these losses too. But by far the most dangerous trend is the decline in the flow of Australian rivers: it has fallen by around 70 per cent in recent decades, so dams no longer fill even when it does rain …
In Adelaide, Sydney and Brisbane, water supplies are so low they need desalinated water urgently, possibly in as little as 18 months.”
In 2008 he warned again that:
“The water problem is so severe for Adelaide that it may run out of water by early 2009.”
AND then the rains came, as they always do in the land of “droughts and flooding rains“…
BY December 2008 Adelaide’s reservoirs were 75% full, Perth’s 40%, Sydney’s 63%, and Brisbane’s reservoir’s were 46% full.
BY 2009 dams for Brisbane, Canberra and Sydney were filled to overflowing.
MOTHBALLED DESALINISATION PLANTS
In 2005 Flannery wrote in “The Weather Makers“:
Australia’s east coast is no stranger to drought, but the dry spell that began in 1998 is different from anything that has gone before….The cause of the decline of rainfall on Australia’s east coast is thought to be a climate-change double whammy – the loss of winter rainfall and the prolongation of El Nino-like conditions.
The resulting water crisis here is potentially even more damaging than the one in the west … As of mid 2005 the situation remains critical… very little time to arrange alternative water sources such as large-scale desalination plants.
$12 BILLION worth of desalination plants built in South Australia, Queensland, NSW and Victoria have all been mothballed without producing a drop of water. All were built in preference to much cheaper dams, because of green bans and because warming alarmists claimed the rains would not return.
FIVE desal plants have been built in Australia. Only Perth’s is used.
COSTS to run each mothballed deal plant are estimated at between $500,000 to $1,000,000 per day, every day until contracts run out around 2030.
THIS is what Victoria’s mothballed desal plant is costing the taxpayer each and every year until, at least, 2030…
THE cost to maintain and operate Victoria’s desalination plant will rise to as much as $649 million next year.
State Budget papers show that the annual charge to keep the Wonthaggi plant running is forecast to increase by $30 million over this year.
Since its completion in late 2012, the desal plant has so far cost Melbourne water users about $3.3 billion.
Annual service payments increase each year, in line with a schedule locked into the original contract, even if no water is ordered.
If water is ordered, the service payments can rise by between 5 and 20 per cent, although some money is occasionally clawed back through refinancing.
This year the government has placed a “minimum” order of 15 gigalitres to keep the plant ticking over and avoid faults, but says this will not cost water users anything extra because of other savings made.
Opposition water spokeswoman Steph Ryan said too much money had been wasted on the “white elephant”.
“Labor will go to any lengths to justify its desal white elephant, even if it means charging Melbourne water customers twice just to keep the plant operational,” Ms Ryan said.
“Daniel Andrews is flushing Melburnians’ money down the toilet, at a time when families are already struggling to keep up with escalating costs.”
LIST of desalination plants in Australia – Wikipedia (note “Current status”) :
AUSTRALIA’S Chief Scientist Alan Finkel was recently asked what difference would be made to the climate if Australia somehow managed to stop emitting 100 per cent of its carbon dioxide. “Virtually nothing,” Finkel admitted.
IT has been estimated that globally, warmists burn collectively more than a $billion dollars a day. But, what are we trying to stop, anyway? Recent scientific papers confirm there’s been much less warming over the past two decades than predicted …
ALL these ‘green’ schemes are all pain, no gain, and do nothing to change the temperature of the planet, nor stop bad weather.
AND, who will be made responsible for the ruinous climate change virtue-signalling that has cost us so much – destroying economies and peoples’ livelihoods? No one of course!
THE worst that gullible politicians, Flannery and his alarmist cronies will ever be accused of, for the litany of failed predictions resulting in massive taxpayer waste and environmental ruin, is an excess of “Save The planet” virtue.
WE really are living in the age of collective
global warming climate change insanity.
Mothballed Desal plants related :
- The legacy of Tim Flannery..White elephant desalination plants | Climatism
- Sydney desalination plant to be switched off – ABC News
- $1.2 Billion Tugun Desalination Plant to be mothballed, execs face axe in bid to cut water bills | The Courier-Mail
- SA government asked to defend $1.8b desal plant | SMH
- State’s first desal order: not a drop, thanks | The AGE
Flannery related :
- TIM FLANNERY – Professor of Dud Predictions and Climate Falsehoods | Climatism
- PROFESSIONAL Climate Alarmists Threatening Australia’s Billion Dollar Tourism Industry | Climatism
- Tim Flannery | Climatism
- CLIMATE Alarmism Has Cost Far More Than Any Global Warming Ever Could | Climatism
- TIM FLANNERY’S Bizarre Globalist Rant | Climatism
- TIM FLANNERY – Epitome Of The Climate Scam | Climatism
- Europe’s Green Energy Basket Case Is Tim Flannery’s Dream | Climatism
- OPEN Letter To The Bureau Of Meteorology – Tropical Cyclone Trends | Climatism
Drought related :
- TOP 10 Climate Change Alarmist Myths Unearthed : # 1 DROUGHT | Climatism
- Shock News : Before The Commodore Australia Had Droughts | Climatism
- 1965 Global Cooling : Drought Ravaged The US And Australia | Climatism
- Carbon Tax In 1789 Could Have Prevented Centuries Of Drought And Flood In Australia | Climatism
- 1895-1902 : Seven Year Drought Killed 40% Of The Livestock In Australia – Wheat Crop Destroyed | Climatism
Origins Of The Global Warming Scam :
- WESTERN Nations, Driven By A Global Agenda Of Climate Alarmism, Are Destroying Their Industries With Carbon Taxes And Promotion Of Expensive, Intermittent Green Energy | Climatism
- TOMORROW’S Grim, Global, Green Dictatorship | Climatism
- CLIMATE CHANGE – The Most Massive Scientific Fraud In Human History | Climatism
- “In Searching For A New Enemy To Unite Us, We Came Up With The Threat Of Global Warming” | Climatism
- Global Warming Is The Greatest And Most Successful Pseudoscientific Fraud In History | Climatism
- THE ARCTIC : Ground Zero For Anthropogenic Hubris And Climate Change Hysteria | Climatism
See also :
- THE Great Global Warming “Pause” | Climatism
- EXTREME WEATHER Expert: “World Is Presently In An Era Of Unusually Low Weather Disasters” | Climatism
- The Great “Extreme Weather” Climate Change Propaganda Con | Climatism
- EXTREME WEATHER Propaganda – The Pathway To Global Warming Hysteria | Climatism
- CLIMATE CHANGE Derangement Syndrome : Science Abandoned For Dogma And Fake News | Climatism
- “Runaway Global Warming” Update: 48,000 Brits Dead After Worst Winter In 42 Years | Climatism
(Climate rationalists are still waiting for that “big oil” cheque to arrive in the mail!)
Click link for more info…TQ! Jamie.