The Black Thursday bushfires were a devastating series of fires that swept through Victoria on February 6, 1851. They are considered the largest Australian bushfires in a populous region in recorded history, with approximately 5 million hectares, or a quarter of Victoria, being burnt. Twelve lives were lost, along with one million sheep and thousands of cattle.
The year preceding the fires was exceptionally hot and dry and this trend continued into the summer of 1851. On Black Thursday, a northerly wind set in early and the temperature in Melbourne was reported to have peaked at 47.2 degrees C (117 degrees F) at 11:00am.
“The temperature became torrid, and on the morning of the 6th of February 1851, the air which blew down from the north resembled the breath of a furnace. A fierce wind arose, gathering strength and velocity from hour to hour, until about noon it blew with the violence of a tornado. By some inexplicable means it wrapped the whole country in a sheet of flame — fierce, awful, and irresistible.” (Wikipedia / Climatism bolds).
In 1851, carbon dioxide levels were around 285 ppm. Today, carbon
dioxide “pollution” levels are around 400 ppm.
THEY tell you this because the ultimate prize of the eco-activist is the control of carbon dioxide (energy). Virtually every human activity, including breathing, releases carbon dioxide. Consequently, greenhouse gases have become weaponised through the fear of “catastrophic climate change” in the “sustainability” (sic) effort to control all aspects of your life.
Bushfire / Heatwave / UN related:
- Claim : Unprecedented Australian Bushfires | Climatism
- 81 Years Ago Today : Severe Global Warming Strikes West Australia | Climatism
- January 1908 : Adelaide’s Temperature Rose Above 38°C Fourteen Times | Climatism
- Terrible Week-Long Heat Wave : 41°C in the Shade and 71°C in the Sun | Climatism
- Shock news : Australia has always had heatwaves | Climatism
- UN Carbon Regime Would Devastate Humanity | Climatism
Colourless, odourless, tasteless, non-reactive, trace gas and plant fertiliser – CO2 – related:
- CO2 In The Atmosphere Is Not Pollution | Climatism
- THE Carbon Dioxide Word Game | Climatism
- WORDS Of Wisdom To A Disciple Of The Church Of Climatology | Climatism
- GLOBAL Cooling A Reality But Technology And CO2 Will Help Earth Survive | Climatism
CO2 – “The Stuff of Life” – Greening The Planet:
- CSIRO Censoring Their Own Climate Research | Climatism
- The global dance of carbon dioxide and spreading green flora « JoNova
- Greening the Planet and how Fossil Fuels protect world’s Flora & Fauna | Dr. Matt Ridley | Climatism
- Good News! We Have Lots More Forest Than We Thought | Climatism