Three surveys conducted in Britain, China, and the United States, have shown citizens in those countries – when the situation is raised with them – say that they are concerned that the world-renowned reef is under severe threat. And many would reconsider visiting as a result…
An estimated 175,000 fewer tourists could visit Australia if the bleaching persists and worse if the [claimed] damage becomes permanent.
The polls, which surveyed the attitudes and awareness of 1000 people in each market, found potential visitors were concerned over the state of the reef, which in turn could feed into them deciding to visit other Australian attractions or to go to places other than Australia entirely.
The finding suggests the tourism businesses and related local economies adjacent to the Great Barrier Reef, could suffer the loss of 10,000 jobs and that the Australian economy could lose as much as $1 billion per year in overseas income.
The reef supports an estimated 70,000 jobs in the tourism and related sectors and accounts for a significant proportion of Australia’s tourist income.
BACK in May, the UK’s Telegraph printed more hysterical Reef alarmism, as evidenced by hysterical climate ‘scientists’ :
SEPTEMBER 2017 – Mother Nature trashes the alarmist GBR climate “science” :
WHERE the hysteria began :
Great Barrier Reef: scientists ‘exaggerated’ coral bleaching
Activist scientists and lobby groups have distorted surveys, maps and data to misrepresent the extent and impact of coral bleaching on the Great Barrier Reef, – according to the chairman of the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority, Russell Reichelt.
A full survey of the reef released yesterday by the authority and the Australian Institute of Marine Science said 75 per cent of the reef would escape unscathed.
Dr Reichelt said the vast bulk of bleaching damage was confined to the far northern section off Cape York, which had the best prospect of recovery due to the lack of onshore development and high water quality.
THE doom sayers really should apologise. But, of course, none will come forth, as the worst any Reef or climate change alarmist can ever be accused of for dangerous and costly scaremongering is an excess of “Save the planet” virtue.
TO tell preposterous untruths in this ‘good’ cause is not just forgivable but a sign of superior morality. The bigger the whopper the more you must really care. This is the sad, costly, destructive and repetitive story of ‘Climate Crisis Inc.’
See also :
- Aussie Coral Reef Rises from the Dead | Climatism
- Falling Sea Level: The Critical Factor in 2016 Great Barrier Reef Bleaching! | Climatism
- Great Barrier Reef Expert : Don’t Trust Climate Alarmists | Climatism
Great Barrier Reef scare related :
- Great Barrier Reef in near pristine condition: dive boat operators | Climatism
- “Dying” Reef Actually Growing | Climatism
- Great Barrier Reef Scaremongers Risk 10,000 Jobs | Climatism
- Expert: Scientists exaggerated coral bleaching story | Climatism
- Flannery Plumbs Fresh Depths Of Doom On Australia’s Great Barrier Reef | Climatism
- Climate Change Australia – The Great Barrier Reef Is Dead? What Warmist Writes This Falsehood? | Climatism
- Not Dead Yet: Great Barrier Reef Coral Cover Up 19 Per Cent In Three Years | Climatism
- Where’s The Sorry For That Great Barrier Reef Scare? | Climatism
- UNESCO ‘Green’ Lights The Reef – Activists Exposed As Liars And Frauds | Climatism
- climate science: MARINE SCIENTIST CENSURED FOR QUESTIONING MISLEADING CLAIMS BY COLLEAGUE
HUNDREDS of scrawny, starving, emaciated polar bears making a mockery of the Gorebal Warming alarmist industry!
Are the hundreds of polar bears spending the summer on Wrangel Island in the Chukchi Sea starving and desperate for any scrap of food? Hardly! Photos taken by Russian tourists on a cruise ship (19 September 2017) show a huge number of already-fat, healthy bears converging on a dead bowhead whale washed up on a beach. Most of these bears would have been without food since at least early August, when the last sea ice disappeared around the island, and will return to the ice by November.
The extraordinary sight was witnessed by tourists on an Arctic cruise aboard the Finnish-built MV Akademik Shokalskiy.
A source at Wrangel Island Nature Reserve said: “There were at least 230 polar bears, including single males, single females, mothers with cubs and even two mothers…
View original post 472 more words