CONGRATULATION’s Jay Weatherill !
YOUR mad global warming policies and ruinously juvenile obsession with green power have rewarded South Australia with the World’s most expensive power prices, helping to destroy your economy and hurt the poor.
SA has the world’s highest power prices, Carbon and Energy Markets director Bruce Mountain says — so get off the grid
ESCAPING the electricity grid by pairing solar panels and new battery technology is the best way for SA households to escape the world’s most expensive power prices, a top expert says.
Carbon and Energy Markets director Bruce Mountain revealed in June that he was working on a study that found SA was passing Denmark as the most expensive place in the world to keep the lights on.
He has now published the results, which conclude SA’s prices are three times that recorded in the US and about 50 per cent higher than the UK.
THE solution? “Escape the electricity grid by pairing solar panels and new battery technology…” ! That’s all good and well for those who can afford the luxury of solar panels and their (toxic) battery backup systems.
And, what for businesses and heavy industry – the one’s that still remain? Use Elon “Taxpayer subsidy-sucking vampire” Musk’s $200 million giant battery pack that could have enough battery storage to replace wind power for a whole minute (maybe 2), should the wind stop?
Aren’t solar panels, batteries and windmills the entire reason behind SA’s energy debacle, anyway?
Like the old sailors say, “The wind is free, but everything else costs money”.
THERE’s always the DIY options that are being fitted by SA businesses and households living in fear of routine load shedding, mass blackouts and “the world’s highest power prices” :
- Adelaide oval are examining a diesel and gas co-generation option. “If the stadium went black it would be a nightmare,” chief executive Andrew Daniels said. “Plus, can you imagine the damage it would do to the state’s reputation?” Think that ship’s sailed Mr Daniels!
- Coopers Brewery has its own power supply via gas, and was unaffected by the September 28 blackout that devastated industry.
“South Australian businesses and households have been scrambling to secure their own back-up supply since two blackouts hit the state in little more than two months. One of the largest sellers of industrial diesel generators, Genpower Australia, has seen a 50 per cent spike in sales and service calls in the past three months. Families had been willing to pay $11,000 up front for a diesel generator back-up while one regional supermarket on Yorke Peninsula, 160km west of Adelaide, bought a $35,000 generator last week to ensure its freezers stayed on, the company said.” Shift to DIY power at Adelaide Oval | The Australian
BUT, aren’t these “industrial diesel generators” and LPG solutions simply going back to “dirty” fossil fuels – the same (cheap, reliable, efficient) hydrocarbons that freak out the Green faith?!
SO, what’s the point of the whole billion dollar, taxpayer funded, unreliable energy (wind and solar) experiment? For the Jay Weatherill’s of the planet, one could assume it’s a moral blend of “Save the Planet” virtue, mixed with “Save the Planet” virtue.
There certainly is no sense, reason or cost benefit analysis when you enlist in the Green faith.
BECAUSE, consider also, that as more solar and wind generators come online, as Jay has planned, the demand will rise for more backup power from “dirty” fossil fuel plants to fill the gaps and keep the grid stable when the wind doesn’t blow or the wind don’t shine. The result – adding even more CO2 emissions to the atmosphere. Not a good result if (plant food) CO2 is your ideological enemy.
See Germany’s failed green experiment as a classic case in point: Energiewende | Search Results | Climatism
BUT here is the ultimate craziness. All the money, all the wrecking of views, all the lost jobs through higher electricity prices and all the blackouts – all the pain for nothing. The effect on global temperatures so incredibly small, nobody would notice.
It gets worse…
Neighbouring State, Victoria, whose Socialist Left government is also obsessed with green energy and the climate faith has closed Hazelwood coal-fired power station, which did not merely supply Victoria with a quarter of its power but also helped bail out South Australia.
Come the hot Australian summer in a few months time, this situation is going to spiral way, way out of control. Bookmark it.
MORE on SA’s Insane Global Warming Policy-Inflicted Energy Crisis :
- THE Twisted Irony of Deep-Green Energy Policy (RET) | Climatism
- POLITICIANS Mad With Global Warming Theory Are Destroying The Economy And Hurting The Poor | Climatism
- $14,000 per MWh – the price South Australia Pays for Renewables Madness | Climatism
- ‘Unreliable’ Power Australia – Steven Marshall Should Have Listened And Blown Up A Wind Farm | Climatism
- South Australia Blackout Report : Green Energy Failure | Climatism
- When The Wind Don’t Blow, The Lights Don’t Glow! | Climatism
- Doomed to the Dark Ages: No Solution for South Australia’s Wind Power Blackouts | Climatism
- ‘Unreliable’ Power Australia – Green Hypocrites Exposed By South Australia Storm | Climatism
- How green power has killed South Australia | Herald Sun
- Blackout Blues: Wind Power Obsession Makes South Australia an International Joke | Climatism
- Elon’ll Fix It! | Climatism
See Also :
- THE $Trillion Windmill Industry Is The Greatest Scam Of Our Age | Climatism
- Wind Power Chaos Promises to Deliver Mass Summer Blackouts Across Australia | Climatism
- Hazelwood Power Plant Closing 31st March – Currently Delivering More Power Than Every Wind Plant In Australia | Climatism
- The Renewable Energy Target: useless, expensive, mad | Herald Sun
- JUST 1 IN 6.6 MILLION CHANCE TO STOP WARMING | Herald Sun
- Adding More Solar And Wind Power ‘Doubles’ CO2 Emissions | Climatism
Child miners aged four living a hell on Earth so YOU can drive an electric car: Awful human cost in squalid Congo cobalt mine that Michael Gove didn’t consider in his ‘clean’ energy crusadePosted: August 8, 2017
“Clean”, “Green”, “Sustainable” Energy UPDATE…
- Sky News investigated the Katanga mines and found Dorsen, 8,
and Monica, 4
- The pair were working in the vast mines of the Democratic Republic
- They are two of the 40,000 children working daily in the mines,
checking rocks for cobalt
Published: 17:01 EDT, 5 August 2017 | Updated: 08:37 EDT, 6 August 2017
Picking through a mountain of huge rocks with his tiny bare hands, the exhausted little boy makes a pitiful sight.
His name is Dorsen and he is one of an army of children, some just four years old, working in the vast polluted mines of the Democratic Republic of Congo, where toxic red dust burns their eyes, and they run the risk of skin disease and a deadly lung condition. Here, for a wage of just 8p a day, the children are…
View original post 859 more words