The new government should
- Undertake a new and up-to-date review of the economics of climate change.
- Suspend commitment to the Carbon Budgets in line with the House of Lords Economic Affairs Committee’s recommendation.
- Suspend the Carbon Price Floor, a unilateral carbon tax that puts an unequal and unfair burden on British industry.
- Suspend commitments post-2020 under the EU Renewables Directive which puts an unequal burden on the UK economy.
- Phase out subsidies for renewable energy generators of heat and electricity. The renewables industry repeatedly claims that they are now cheaper than conventional energy. Government should take them at their…