As a prelude to the latest South Australian wind-energy debacle, here are a few quotes about so-called “renewable energy” from individuals and a corporation whose ‘global warmist’ credentials are well-known :
Warren Buffett on wind-power : “We get a tax credit if we build a lot of wind farms. That’s the only reason to build them. They don’t make sense without the tax credit.”
The Godfather of global warming alarmism and former NASA climate chief turned environmental activist, James Hansen, on ‘unreliable’ energy: “Suggesting that renewables will let us phase rapidly off fossil fuels in the United States, China, India, or the world as a whole is almost the equivalent of believing in the Easter Bunny and Tooth Fairy.”
Top Google engineers : “Renewable energy technologies simply won’t work; we need a fundamentally different approach.”
Following on from South Australia’s statewide blackout in September, making it an international joke no less, comes the latest #SAblackout all due thanks to their moral obsession with weather dependent wind energy…
Andrew Bolt, Herald Sun
ABOUT 200,000 people experienced power outages overnight after South Australia disconnected from the national electricity network.
The Australian Energy Market Regulator said South Australia disconnected from the national network at 12.16am on Thursday but remained operating as a separate entity.
And that’s after the state-wide blackout caused when six wind farms could not handle a storm and tripped out.
- Doomed to the Dark Ages: No Solution for South Australia’s Wind Power Blackouts | Climatism
- ‘Unreliable’ Power Australia – Green Hypocrites Exposed By South Australia Storm | Climatism
- Blackout Blues: Wind Power Obsession Makes South Australia an International Joke | Climatism
- Adding More Solar And Wind Power ‘Doubles’ CO2 Emissions | Climatism
- China Counts the Staggering Cost of its Wind Power Experiment | Climatism
- Germany’s €Trillion Euro Disaster: Wind Power ‘Transition’ Destroys its Industrial Heartland | Climatism
See also :
- How Green Energy Hurts the Poor… | Climatism
- Peer-Review Study : Lessons in wasting money: Use more wind and solar and… emit just as much CO2 « JoNova
- Wind farms — are 96% useless, and cost 150 times more than necessary for what they do « JoNova
- Wind Power: A token gesture to the folly of green madness
- Shock News : Green Energy Not Fit for the Grid
- Wrecking The Environment To Save It | Climatism
- “Green” Germany | Climatism
- Godfather Of Global Warming Alarmism James Hansen Admits Renewable Energy Is A “Nice Idea” Though Useless | Climatism
- Shocker: Top Google Engineers Say Renewable Energy ‘Simply won’t work’ | Climatism
“There is no need to panic over Arctic ice this year, or any year. It fluctuates according to its own ocean-ice-atmospheric processes and we can only watch and be surprised since we know so little about how it all works.”
Even NSIDC’s (warmist) Mark Serreze admitted the slow October sea ice growth, which had arctic alarmists shrieking of a “super hot Arctic!” was due to “changes in ocean circulation.”
The growth of Arctic ice extent has been slower than usual this year. After showing resilience in September, ending higher than 2007, ice growth lagged in October, and is only now ramping up toward the averages. The map above shows the lack of ice is mainly in Hudson Bay, and the slow freezing of Kara and Barents Seas. Everything else is locked in ice, except for some open water in Bering and Chukchi.
In the last five weeks, 2016 ice growth has surged twice, firstly from day 303 to 314, and then the current surge the last 10 days starting day 325. The chart also shows the variability of ice extent over the years during this season. 2015 was the highest ice recovery rate in the last decade, while 2006 was the lowest. The chart also shows Sea Ice Index (SII) from NOAA is lagging over 300k km2 behind.
There is no need…
View original post 58 more words