An important, must read.
Guest Opinion; Dr. Tim Ball
Scientists lost the scientific script somewhere in the 20th century. The major loss involved the fact that correlation is not cause and effect. It was lost for several reasons:
- Failure to know or consistently apply scientific methods;
- Lack of ethics as the end justifies the means;
- Methods and process are not taught or emphasized;
- People are more willing to bypass or ignore everything for funding;
- Too many are willing to subjugate or exploit research for a political agenda;
- Achieving results to advance a career is more important;
- A person gets caught up in Groupthink as they go along to get along;
- and scientists are unwilling to look to themselves to stop the rot.
All of these reasons were on display in the leaked emails from the Climatic Research Unit (CRU).
An example of the problem of correlation occurred recently on TV screen when a…
View original post 1,765 more words
The wind power industry is in a panic. The deal to renew a tax credit failed on Thursday in Washington. This will have major ramifications where installations of wind projects are planned. Without the subsidy, wind goes out of business.
Christopher Booker points out the problems in Britain’s Daily Mail. Governmental obsession with wind is an enormous political blunder. Under an agreement with the European Union, Britain is committed within ten years — at enormous expense — to generate nearly a third of its electricity from renewable sources. He lists 3 major reasons why it is a gigantic fraud:
- Promoters speak entirely about “capacity” which means the energy a turbine could produce if all conditions were perfect all the time. Doesn’t happen. Wind is, by its very nature, intermittent, and requires backup from a conventional power plant whenever the wind is not blowing. The expense of putting up wind farms…
View original post 447 more words
The worst that the industrial windfarm eco-zealots and crony-capitalists can be accused of for more millions of taxpayers money wasted on the cleanup of these failed icons of the age of climate eco-insanity, is an excess of virtue.
James Lovelock, the Godfather of Geenism and creator of the ‘Gaia theory’ foretold the windmill disaster that will only escalate as millions more inevitably fail, laid rest to rot…
“We need to take care that the spinning windmills do not become like the statues on Easter Island, monuments of a failed civilisation.”
The towering symbols of a fading religion, over 14,000 wind turbines, abandoned, rusting, slowly decaying. When it is time to clean up after a failed idea, no green environmentalists are to be found. Wind was free, natural, harnessing Earth’s bounty for the benefit of all mankind, sounded like a good idea. Wind turbines, like solar panels, break down. They produce less energy before they break down than the energy it took to make them. The wind does not blow all the time, or even most of the time. When it is not blowing, they require full-time backup from conventional power plants.
Without government subsidy, they are unaffordable. With governments facing financial troubles, the subsidies are unaffordable. It was a nice dream, a very expensive dream, but it didn’t work.
California had the “big three” of wind farm locations — Altamont Pass, Tehachapi, and San Gorgonio, considered the world’s best wind…
View original post 272 more words