Satellite data provides continuous high resolution temperature information across almost all regions of the Earth, and across all the layers of the atmosphere.
By contrast, surface data provides spotty low-resolution data which is UHI contaminated, tampered with, and scientists say suffers severely from time of observation bias.
Scientists of course choose to use the meaningless surface data, because the satellite data doesn’t show any warming.
Never mind that NASA says the satellite data is more accurate. Funding is the important thing.
Gavin made up a fake 4-8 degree April anomaly across a region of Siberia and the Arctic where he had no data. Note the green circle.
Now compare vs. the green circle in satellite data, which was actually measured. Gavin missed by 4-8 degrees in that region, and thus was able to declare that April was 2nd hottest ever.
It doesn’t take a very large area of fake +8 anomaly to bump global temperatures up by 0.3C.
Ten years ago, Gavin said temperatures in Antarctica had “decreased significantly.”
Shindell and Schmidt 2004
While most of the Earth warmed rapidly during recent decades, surface temperatures decreased significantly over most of Antarctica.
NASA published maps showing the strong cooling in Antarctica
A couple of years later someone at NASA figured out that Antarctic cooling didn’t fit the agenda. so they simply changed it into warming.
Now they have taken it a step further. NASA has completely ignored the record sea ice, and has fabricated a nonsensical story about deep ocean heat melting the ice from below.
Satellites show that Antarctica is cooling, just as Gavin said 10 years ago – before politics replaced science.
- Global sea ice area is near a record high for the date
- Antarctic sea ice area is at a record high for the date
- No global warming for almost two decades
- Last two years were the quietest on record for US tornadoes
- Last year was a near record low season for Atlantic hurricanes
- Nine years without a major US hurricane (category 3-5) strike – longest on record.
- Obama’s presidency has had the fewest hurricanes of any presidency
- US cooling since 1940
- Coldest year on record so far in the US
- Record springtime ice on the Great Lakes
- Northern Hemisphere winter snow cover since 2004, was the highest decade on record
- US winter temperatures have been plummeting since 2000
The White House failed to mention any of these things.