South China Morning Post : People would be idiotic not to question climate sciencePosted: February 18, 2014 | |
Warming fears are the “worst scientific scandal in the history…When people come to
know what the truth is, they will feel deceived by science and scientists.” – UN IPCC
Japanese Scientist Dr. Kiminori Itoh, an award-winning PhD environmental physical
“I am a skeptic…Global warming has become a new religion.” – Nobel Prize Winner for
Physics, Ivar Giaever.
More climate scepticism from the mainstream …
by LAI SEE, Howard Winn
The debate over climate change and global warming shows no sign of losing its intensity. Those that disagree with the view that man’s activities are contributing to global warming are branded as right wing, in the pockets of business, Fox News junkies, on the take from vested interests and a lot more. Only idiots we are told deny or are sceptical of “science.” Yet the scientific method thrives and moves forward on scepticism.
It is true that science and its discoveries have been a powerful engine of growth. But its not all been one way. The bedrock of scientific research is that the same experiments yield the same results no matter who does them. However scientists at the biotech company Amgen, a few years ago attempted to replicate 53 cancer-related studies, but were only able to replicate six. Bayer HealthCare had a similar experience in only being able to reproduce a quarter of the result of 67 studies.
We are frequently told that we should believe that global warming science is irrefutable because the UN Inter Governmental Panel on Climate Change report is supposed to be based on the work of 9,136 scientists and their 2,239 peer reviewed articles. However it’s worth bearing in mind that the IPCC is not a scientific organisation. Its charter restricts it to looking for human induced global warming, rather than what occurs as a result of natural climate forces. In practice it is not interested in views which do not support the influence of human activity, specifically carbon dioxide.
However it is not unheard of in the past for the scientific consensus to be wrong. Tom Quirk, a former research physicist and a member of the Australian Climate Science Coalition, notes that for many years it was received medical opinion that “ulcers were caused by stress, spicy foods, and too much acid.”
Subsequently two Western Australians Barry Marshall and Robin Warren proved that they were mostly caused by a bacterium and were better treated by antibiotics and not by surgery and drugs. The pair were awarded the Nobel Prize for their efforts but not before enduring criticism that they were peddling nonsense.
There are parallels with global warming with huge vested interests within the science community, finance, politics maintaining that anyone that denies global warming is idiotic. A huge one trillion US dollar industry has grown up around global warming. Making sense of climate is a difficult and highly complex operation. Climate models attempt to replicate, natural variability ocean currents, the intensity of sun cycles, estimate changes in cloud cover, vegetation and the changes brought on snow and ice cover. Then the impact of increasing levels of man-made C02 are combined with this.
However there is considerable disagreement among the scientific community about the efficacy of the models. The models have difficulty in replicating previous temperature let alone forecasting the future. There are a host of issues about the IPCC reports which have been raised by the Inter Academy Council, the world’s premier scientific body, which are critical of the IPCC. Its August 2010 report on the UN’s climate body identifies: political interference, conflicts of interest, bias, claiming certainty in absence of evidence, vague statements not supported by evidence, management problems and so on. Given all this it seems perfectly justified to be at least sceptical about the claims of the IPCC, and the so-called catastrophic consequences of global warming. Indeed if nothing else it is scepticism that has kept science honest. Given the billions of dollars that are being poured into policies on the basis of alarmist climate forecasts people need to be asking a lot of questions about the science.
IPCC Failed Climate Models :
- 95% of Climate Models Agree: The Observations Must be Wrong « Roy Spencer, PhD
- 97% of climate models say that 97% of climate scientists are wrong | CACA
UN and IPCC Related :
- Judith Curry : Senate EPW Hearing on the President’s Climate Action Plan | CACA
- Peer into the Heart of the IPCC, Find Greenpeace | CACA
- UN Climate Chief Says Communism Is Best To Fight Global Warming | CACA
- IPCC Insider Says That The 97% Consensus Actually Consists Of “A Few Dozen” | CACA
- Shock news : UN Carbon Regime Would Devastate Humanity | CACA
- U.N. Official Admits: We Redistribute World’s Wealth by Climate Policy | TheBlaze.com
- Climate Scientists 95% Sure The Science Is Unsettled | CACA
- A cooling consensus | CACA
- Global Warming Consensus Crumbling | CACA
- US SENATE : 650 International Scientists Dissent Over Man-Made Global Warming Claims | CACA
- Former NASA Scientists Reject Global Warming Crisis | CACA
- Driessen : A Climate of Fear, Cash and Correctitude | CACA
- Global Warming Was Never About Science. It Was Always About Power And Money | CACA
- Charles Krauthammer: Obama’s global-warming folly – The Washington Post
- Shock News : Australia’s Carbon Tax Has Killed Jobs And Destroyed Nation’s Competitiveness
- Climate money: Monopoly science « JoNova (Judith Curry IPCC Update) | CACA
Climatism Trending :
- Climate Ambulance Chasing | CACA
- Shock News : Green Energy Not Fit for the Grid | CACA
- There is No Global Warming and Will Be None for Decades | CACA
- The Great Global Warming Climate Shift | CACA
- Climate Scientists 95% Sure The Science Is Unsettled | CACA
- Bigger, smaller, whatever. It’s global warming. | CACA
- Global Warming Is The Greatest And Most Successful Pseudoscientific Fraud In History | CACA
- NATURE STUDY Confirms Global Warming Stopped 15 Years Ago | CACA
- Establishing Propaganda Is Vital For Climate Action | CACA
- “In Searching For A New Enemy To Unite Us, We Came Up With The Threat Of Global Warming” | CACA