Heat Wave In Australia : Nearly 200 Deaths From Heat ApoplexyPosted: February 10, 2014
Australia January, 1896
The long continuance of the unprecedented heat wave in New South Wales is proving a very serious matter to the residents in some of the districts, especially in the western portion of the colony.
Over 125 deaths from heat apoplexy have occurred In NewSouth Wales, and to this number Bourke has already contributed 40. The matter has become so serious that the railway authorities have commenced running trains at special cheap fares, to enable the residents to seek a cooler climate, and a great number are availing themselves of the opportunity.
CO2 at the time was 290 parts per million.
- 24 More Die In Record Heatwave – Melbourne 46°C | CACA
- 74 DEATHS. In Summer Heat Wave. ADELAIDE, 06 Jun 1939
- 08 Feb 1930 – VICTORIA’S HEAT WAVE BUSH FIRES RAGING Melbourne…
- February 1889 : Another Exceptionally Severe Heat Wave | CACA
- February 10, 1893 : Victorian Bushfires Raging A Few Miles From Melbourne | CACA
- 163 Years Ago Today : Bushfires Burn 5 Million Hectares or A Quarter Of Victoria | CACA
- 81 Years Ago Today : Severe Global Warming Strikes West Australia | CACA
- January 1908 : Adelaide’s Temperature Rose Above 38°C Fourteen Times | CACA
- Shock news : Australia has always had heatwaves | CACA
- 11 Feb 1893 – BUSH FIRES IN VICTORIA. MUCH DAMAGE DONE. Melbourne