February 10, 1893 : Victorian Bushfires Raging A Few Miles From MelbournePosted: February 10, 2014
The city was enveloped in smoke today from, the bush fires which are raging a few miles out of the metropolis.
A destructive bush fire is raging at Mansfield. An immense amount of damage has been done on one run, whereabout 3,000 sheep were roasted and millions of rabbits have been destroyed.
CO2 at the time was 280 parts per million.
- 163 Years Ago Today : Bushfires Burn 5 Million Hectares or A Quarter Of Victoria | CACA
- 81 Years Ago Today : Severe Global Warming Strikes West Australia | CACA
- January 1908 : Adelaide’s Temperature Rose Above 38°C Fourteen Times | CACA
- Shock news : Australia has always had heatwaves | CACA
- 11 Feb 1893 – BUSH FIRES IN VICTORIA. MUCH DAMAGE DONE. Melbourne