Sustainability is Malthusianism for the 21st CenturyPosted: January 28, 2014 | |
“Effective execution of Agenda 21 will require a profound
reorientation of all human society, unlike anything the world
has ever experienced a major shift in the priorities of both
governments and individuals and an unprecedented
redeployment of human and financial resources. This shift
will demand that a concern for the environmental consequences
of every human action be integrated into individual and
collective decision-making at every level.“
– UN Agenda 21
“Isn’t the only hope for the planet that the
industrialized civilizations collapse?
Isn’t it our responsiblity to bring that about?”
– Maurice Strong Rio+20 Earth Summit 1992,
founder of the UN Environment Programme (UNEP)
“Current lifestyles and consumption patterns of the affluent middle class – involving high meat intake, use of fossil fuels, appliances, air-conditioning, and suburban housing – are not sustainable.” – Maurice Strong, Secretary General of the UN’s Rio+20 Earth Summit, 1992.
Agenda 21 aka ICLEI, set in motion the global environmental and sustainable development goals that replace freedom with servitude, capitalism with socialism and property rights with “sustainable development.”
Sustainable development lies at the heart of the United Nations’ crooked ideology to extend the powers of government, raise taxes, weaken the capitalist system, curtail personal freedoms and “redistribute the world’s income through climate policy“.
Nick Cater on the dogma of sustainability that is polluting the Australian school curriculum:
…Thus the corporate sector has surrendered to the dispiriting dogma of sustainability, the heresy that took hold among the hippies in the late 1960s and mutated into a misanthropic, deep green movement in the 70s.
Today it wears a pinstriped suit and sits in the boardroom signing off on the most egregious muddle-headed nonsense in the name of corporate responsibility.
Sustainability may present itself as harmless mumbo-jumbo that helps build a brand, but its underlying philosophy is antithetical to freedom and to enterprise.
“The uncontested absurdities of today are the accepted slogans of tomorrow,” Ayn Rand wrote in 1972. “They come to be accepted by degrees, by dint of constant pressure on one side and constant retreat on the other until one day they are suddenly declared to be the country’s official ideology.”
Four decades later, her prophecy has been fulfilled. Sustainability is one of the three priority themes in the new Australian curriculum, polluting everything from algebra to zoology.
Students are encouraged to consider “that unlimited growth is unsustainable; sustainability – that biological systems need to remain diverse and productive over time; and rights of nature – recognition that humans and their natural environment are closely interrelated”.
Sustainability is Malthusianism for the 21st century: the fallacy that population is growing faster than the available resources and that ruination is just around the corner.
The world viewed through the prism of sustainability is a deeply depressing place in which dreams are discouraged, imagination is restricted and the spirit of progress frowned upon.
Sustainability means never having to say sorry. In 1990 the World Hunger Project calculated that the ecosystem could sustainably support six billion people, and then only if they lived on a vegetarian diet.
More than two decades later, with 7.1 billion people living on the planet, global beef production has increased by 5 per cent per capita, pork by 17 per cent and chicken by 82 per cent, and that’s not counting the eggs.
The World Food Programme estimates that there are 170 million fewer malnourished people than there were in 1990.
The inconvenient prosperous truth is that the human beings have, since the dawn of time, created more than they used on average over the course of a lifetime.
The happy by-product of an expanding population ever more interconnected is that the sum total of human knowledge grows exponentially.
The energy crisis, the one that is supposed to lie just around the corner, has been creating anxiety since the 1600s when Britain began to run out of firewood. Scarcity spurred the development of coal. The great whale oil crisis of the 1840s stimulated the search for oil. Time after time the coming catastrophe is postponed through abundance, and the inherent dishonesty of sustainability is exposed.
Human ingenuity is an infinitely renewable resource. Prosperity comes from seizing the elements of nature and rearranging their form.
“Wealth does not exists as a fixed, static quantity,” wrote Rand. “It is the creation of a dynamic, boundless mind. And it has no inherent limitation.”
(Climatism links added)
UN Agenda 21 and ICLEI Sustainability :
- The United Nations “Agenda 21″ and “ICLEI” in one easy lesson
- Sustainable Freedom: Surging Opposition to Agenda 21, “Sustainable Development”
- OK, So what is Agenda 21? And why should I care? Part 1 – DEMOCRATS AGAINST U. N. AGENDA 21
- Michael Shaw — Principles that Underlie Sustainable Development
- US Sustainable Development aka Agenda 21 to ‘Regionalism’ – The New Frontier of Evil in Florida – The Global Dispatch
- United Nations Agenda 21 : The Death Knell of Liberty | CACA
UN Agenda 21 and ICLEI Sustainability Operations in Australia:
- AGENDA 21 IN AUSTRALIA – Human Free Habitat Zones – Green Dreaming of a Human-Free Environment — Quadrant Online
- United Nations Decade of Education for Sustainable Development (2005-2014) – AU Gov Doc
- The Australian Curriculum v5.2 Sustainability – ACARA Doc
- AUDIO: Australian politician Ann Bressington warning about the United Nations plans for sustainability.
- AGENDA 21 (Australia) www.galileomovement.com.au/docs/gw/AG21WhyMediaLetUsDown.pdf
- AGENDA 21 IN AUSTRALIA – Quadrant Online – Green Dreaming of a Human-Free Environment
- EUROBODALLA SHIRE COUNCIL AGENDA 21 ICLEI
- AGENDA 21 & ICLEI ALIVE & THRIVING IN YOUR LOCAL AUSTRALIAN COUNCIL
- ICLEI AGENDA 21 – 238 AUSTRALIAN COUNCILS IN CCP PROGRAM – 2011 – Ironbark Sustainability: About ICLEI Oceania, Low Carbon Australia and Ironbark Sustainability
- SUSTAINABLE AUSTRALIA 2013 REPORT RELEASE (AGENDA 21) Sustainability ‘a new way of life’ | The Australian
- MUST LISTEN INTERVIEW: Agenda 21 and the Fabian Society Dr. Amy McGrath| 2GB
- MUST READ: E-BOOK Download – Agenda 21 and ICLEI – DR AMY McGRATH – Wolves In Sheep’s Clothing
- The NO CARBON TAX Climate Sceptics Blog: Agenda 21: SHUTTING THE DEBATE DOWN
- NOVA – AGENDA 21 – Agenda 21: Alabama may have outfoxed it. Why you should care. « JoNova
- AGENDA 21 – AUSTRALIAN GOVERNMENT DOCUMENT 1999
- MUST SEE VIDEO: Ann Bressington Exposes Agenda 21, Club of Rome
United Nations Related :
- UN Climate Chief Says Communism Is Best To Fight Global Warming | CACA
- Shock news : UN Carbon Regime Would Devastate Humanity | CACA
- Shock News : UN Wants To Ban Private Property And Create “Human Habitat Settlement Zones” | CACA
- The Creator, Fabricator And Proponent Of Global Warming – Maurice Strong | CACA
- United Nations: Key conference outcomes in sustainable development (UN Official Doc)
- U.N. Official Admits: We Redistribute World’s Wealth by Climate Policy | TheBlaze.com
CACA Hot Links :
- Driessen : A Climate of Fear, Cash and Correctitude | CACA
- Global Warming Was Never About Science. It Was Always About Power And Money | CACA
- ‘Global warming is the greatest and most successful pseudoscientific fraud I have seen in my long life’ | CACA
- Europe’s Green Energy Basket Case Is Tim Flannery’s Dream | CACA
- The Truth About the Global Warming Agenda by Former NASA Climatologist | CACA
- The Great Global Warming Climate Shift | CACA
- Shock news : Australia has always had heatwaves | CACA
- Judith Curry : Senate EPW Hearing on the President’s Climate Action Plan | CACA
- Bureaucratic Dioxide
- Shock News : Australia’s Carbon Tax Has Killed Jobs And Destroyed Nation’s Competitiveness
- NATURE STUDY Confirms Global Warming Stopped 15 Years Ago | CACA
Quote source – The Green Agenda