Shock news : UN Carbon Regime Would Devastate HumanityPosted: January 23, 2014 | |
Without access to fossil fuels, every tree on the planet would have been cut down by now, to provide for peoples heating, cooking and industry.
When we’re burning fossil fuels, it means we’re not burning something else and cutting down forests. The more we burn fossil fuels, the more we can produce fertiliser. That means we use less land to grow food, so we can spare land for forests. So there is net forest increase, particularly in America. New England used to be 70% farmland, it’s now 70% forest. Countries like Bangladesh are growing more forest.
The best example of this is the border between Haiti and the Dominican Republic. Haiti is almost 99% deforested, as they rely totally on wood for domestic and industrial fuel. On the other side, the forests of the fossil fuel burning, eco-terrorists – the Dominican Republic, remain lush and green.
But over and above that, there is a fascinating new discovery that the world as a whole is getting greener. The Amazon is actually getting greener. And the reason is partly because more carbon dioxide is going into the atmosphere, and that makes plants grow faster.
A new satellite that measures greening of the earth has found that about 20% is getting greener. So the rain forests and forests of the world are getting greener from burning CO2. That happens to be a very unwelcome message for the environmental movement, but it happens to be true.
We’ve spent so long demonising fossil fuels, without objectively assessing the enormous benefits they provide, both for the environment and for the health and wellbeing of society in general.
The cheap, reliable nature of fossil fuels even made it possible to end slavery! Because we use machines instead of people. You either have cheap labour or cheap energy.
The UN’s draconian carbon regime would devastate humanity
The multi-trillion-dollar ploy would also wreak havoc on the global economy — virtually every human activity, including breathing, releases carbon dioxide.
If the United Nations and fellow climate alarmists get their way on restricting carbon dioxide, the poor will soon be getting poorer — much, much poorer — especially in places such as Africa, Latin America, and large swaths of Asia. It is hardly an exaggeration to suggest that millions could die of starvation, cold, and more. Despite bogus promises of abundant, government-mandated “green” energy (think Solyndra), Europeans, Americans, Japanese, and others who live in developed countries will suffer greatly, too. The devastation will be particularly severe among the least well-off.
Earth’s would-be rulers, however, do not seem to care. The radical UN plan to fight “climate change,” as outlined by the global body amid the implosion of its man-made global-warming theory, would dramatically curtail available energy supplies. If adopted, nobody disputes the fact that the scheme would grant unprecedented powers over people, businesses, and governments to planetary bureaucrats. The multi-trillion-dollar ploy would also wreak havoc on the global economy — virtually every human activity, including breathing, releases carbon dioxide.
On top of that, experts say the plan would have virtually no effect on the climate. Indeed, all of the UN climate models have already been thoroughly debunked as global warming, in defiance of hysterical predictions, stopped over a decade and a half ago (see companion article on page 25). But the agenda was never really to stop “global cooling,” “global warming,” or even “climate change,” so it is hardly surprising to learn that the UN is nowhere near ready to give up on its vision of complete planetary dominance. Continue Reading »
Must Read Alex Epstein on the environmental and humanitarian benefits of industrialisation …
“We are the longest-living, best-fed, healthiest, richest generation of humans on this planet and there is unending potential for further progress.”
See also :
- Peer-Review : Lack of access to fossil fuels causing millions of premature deaths amongst the poorest of the planet (The Hockey-Schtick)
- Carbon Dioxide: The Gas of Life – Paul Driessen
- The global dance of carbon dioxide and spreading green flora « JoNova
- World Bank’s no-coal decree could leave developing nations in the dark, critics say | Fox News
- Why Energy Poverty Is the Worst Kind of Poverty – TIME
- NATURE STUDY Confirms Global Warming Stopped 15 Years Ago | CACA
How Environmentalism Is Damaging The Environment, Harming Emerging Economies & The poor :
- Global warming: James Delingpole claims green zealots are destroying the planet | Mail Online (Why economic prosperity is the greatest driver of environmental health)
- How Environmental Organizations Are Destroying The Environment | Watts Up With That?
- Tree Theft on the Rise in Germany as Heating Costs Increase – SPIEGEL ONLINE
- ENVIRONMENTAL MUST SEE : Bananas deadlier than Fukushima | CACA
- Climate Change and Poverty | G Cornelis van Kooten
- Climate Confusion | G Cornelis van Kooten
United Nations Related :
- UN Climate Chief Says Communism Is Best To Fight Global Warming | CACA
- Shock News : UN Wants To Ban Private Property And Create “Human Habitat Settlement Zones” | CACA
- U.N. Official Admits: We Redistribute World’s Wealth by Climate Policy | TheBlaze.com
- UN: Global prosperity is causing global warming | The Daily Caller
- IPCC Insider Says That The 97% Consensus Actually Consists Of “A Few Dozen” | CACA
- Peer into the Heart of the IPCC, Find Greenpeace | CACA
- United Nations Agenda 21 : The Death Knell of Liberty | CACA
- MUST READ : Overpopulation: The Fallacy Behind The Fallacy Of Global Warming
The Renewable Energy Experiment – Europe’e Green Energy Basket Case :
CACA Hot Links :
- Driessen : A Climate of Fear, Cash and Correctitude | CACA
- Global Warming Was Never About Science. It Was Always About Power And Money | CACA
- ‘Global warming is the greatest and most successful pseudoscientific fraud I have seen in my long life’ | CACA
- The Truth About the Global Warming Agenda by Former NASA Climatologist | CACA
- The Great Global Warming Climate Shift | CACA
- Shock news : Australia has always had heatwaves | CACA
- Judith Curry : Senate EPW Hearing on the President’s Climate Action Plan | CACA
- Bureaucratic Dioxide
- Shock News : Australia’s Carbon Tax Has Killed Jobs And Destroyed Nation’s Competitiveness