UN Climate Chief Says Communism Is Best To Fight Global WarmingPosted: January 16, 2014 | |
“We’ve got to ride this global warming issue.
Even if the theory of global warming is wrong,
we will be doing the right thing in terms of
economic and environmental policy.“
– Timothy Wirth,
President of the UN Foundation
“I envisage the principles of the Earth Charter to
be a new form of the ten commandments.
They lay the foundation for a sustainable
global earth community.“
– Mikhail Gorbachev,
co-author of The Earth Charter
Michael Bastasch – 15 Jan, 2014
United Nations climate chief Christiana Figueres said that democracy is a poor political system for fighting global warming. Communist China, she says, is the best model.
China may be the world’s top emitter of carbon dioxide and struggling with major pollution problems of their own, but the country is “doing it right” when it comes to fighting global warming says Figueres.
“They actually want to breathe air that they don’t have to look at,” she said. “They’re not doing this because they want to save the planet. They’re doing it because it’s in their national interest.”Figueres added that the deep partisan divide in the U.S. Congress is “very detrimental” to passing any sort of legislation to fight global warming. The Chinese Communist Party, on the other hand, can push key policies and reforms all on its own. The country’s national legislature largely enforces the decisions made by the party’s Central Committee and other executive offices.
Communism was responsible for the deaths of about 94 million people in China, the Soviet Union, North Korea, Afghanistan and Eastern Europe in the 20th Century. China alone was responsible for 65 million of those deaths under communist rule.
Environmentalists often hail China as a model for fighting global warming, since they are a “leader” in renewable energy. The country set a goal of getting 15 percent of its power from renewable sources by 2020. In 2012, China got 9 percent of its power from renewables — the U.S. by contrast got 11 percent in 2012.
However, the country still gets 90 percent of its power from fossil fuels, mostly from coal. In fact, Chinese coal demand is expected to explode as the country continues to develop. China has approved 100 million metric tons of new coal production capacity in 2013 as part of the government’s plan to bring 860 million metric tons of coal production online by 2015.
China has publicly made big efforts to clean up its environment. The country’s booming industrial apparatus has caused so much pollution that the skies have been darkened over major cities and the air quality has heavily deteriorated.
China is also able to implement policies because its political system avoids some of the legislative hurdles seen in countries including the U.S., Figueres said.
The political divide in the U.S. Congress has slowed efforts to pass climate legislation and is “very detrimental” to the fight against global warming, she said.
Christiana Figueres is living in fantasy land.
China has adopted a pure capitalist model, combined with state-run market and labour control, to pursue the biggest industrial expansion the world has ever seen.
China can manufacture renewables wind and solar at a far more competitive rate than its western consumers. A no-win situation for Australia who export the steel and coal to China, who then manufacture without the burden of carbon taxes or emissions controls. Australia then imports the renewables back from China to satisfy its emissions target fantasies. The consumer then pays the Renewable Energy Target (RET) on top of the $23 per ton carbon (dioxide) making its electricity even more expensive again » more jobs and industry are lost to China.
China’s own ‘personal’ use of renewable energy, splashed across the ABC and other global warming sympathetic media, is grade-school eco-propaganda to appease critics of its noncompliance to any United Nations “save the planet” treaty. Smart China. Gullible West.
Renewables will never, ever be able to provide China with the energy required to pursue its current expansion goals, let alone go close to providing enough base-load power to satisfy the West’s deluded hunger for ‘feel-good’
Everyday, China gets stronger as they pursue the capitalist model, while the Western world gets weaker as it wilfully embraces the United Nations’ misanthropic, malthusian, eco-socialist agenda.
Figueres’ communist intent would allow her to silence dissent from non-believers who remain sceptical of her eco-fascist, totalitarian ideology. A totalitarian, democracy-free-zone allowing The United Nations to ram its draconian climate policy and sustainability agenda through, unopposed.
Meanwhile the planet refuses to warm after 17 years and 3 months, despite 35% of all human CO₂ emissions, since 1751, emitted over the same period. Clearly, something other than evil human
carbon dioxide carbon pollution drives climate and temperature change.
Shock news : The UN believes global prosperity is causing
global warming climate change
See Also :
- “Scientists” claim Permanent Recession and World Socialism needed to tackle Threat of Global Warming
- Green Agenda Has Parallels With Excesses Of Communism (Miranda Devine) | CACA
- Sleepwalking to extinction, or maybe communism? | CACA
- Australian emissions reductions target is undone by one week in China « JoNova
- China & India Are Building 4 New Coal Power Plants – Every Week | GWPF
- In China, the true cost of Britain’s clean, green wind power experiment: Pollution on a disastrous scale
- Shock News : Australia’s Carbon Tax Has Killed Jobs And Destroyed Nation’s Competitiveness | CACA
H/t to Craig Havenaar
Freedom Related :
- Shock News : UN Wants To Ban Private Property And Create “Human Habitat Settlement Zones” | CACA
- U.N. Official Admits: We Redistribute World’s Wealth by Climate Policy | TheBlaze.com
- IPCC Insider Says That The 97% Consensus Actually Consists Of “A Few Dozen” | CACA
- Peer into the Heart of the IPCC, Find Greenpeace | CACA
- United Nations Agenda 21 : The Death Knell of Liberty | CACA
- Row over IPCC report as nations ‘try to hide lack of climate change’ – Telegraph
- MUST READ : Now About The Coming Ice Age | Tory Aardvark
- MUST READ : Overpopulation: The Fallacy Behind The Fallacy Of Global Warming
Renewable Related :
- Shock News : Industrial Wind Is A Fraud Of Enormous Consequence | CACA
- Policy To Increase Wind Farms Across East Australian Grid “A Dangerous Strategy” | CACA
- A Token Gesture To The Folly Of Green Madness | CACA
- NATURE STUDY Confirms Global Warming Stopped 15 Years Ago | CACA
- 97% of climate models say that 97% of climate scientists are wrong | CACA
- Rate Of Sea Level Rise Is Decelerating, Not Accelerating As CO² Rises | CACA
- December 31 Global Sea Ice Area Was The Largest Ever Recorded | Real Science
- The Ocean Is Not Getting “Acidified” | CACA
- State Of The Climate Report | CACA
Climatism Links :
- Europe’s Green Energy Basket Case Is Tim Flannery’s Dream | CACA
- Shock news : Climate Experts Wrong About Global Warming Again | CACA
- Driessen : A Climate of Fear, Cash and Correctitude | CACA
- Global Warming Was Never About Science. It Was Always About Power And Money | CACA
- ‘Global warming is the greatest and most successful pseudoscientific fraud I have seen in my long life’ | CACA
- The Great Global Warming Climate Shift | CACA
- Richard Lindzen: Cool it on the climate | CACA
- The Truth About the Global Warming Agenda by Former NASA Climatologist | CACA
- When Hell Freezes Over | CACA
- ENVIRONMENTAL MUST READ : Bananas deadlier than Fukushima | CACA
- Bureaucratic Dioxide
- Shock News : Australia’s Carbon Tax Has Killed Jobs And Destroyed Nation’s Competitiveness