“We are getting close to catastrophic tipping points,
despite the fact that most people barely notice the warming yet.”
– Dr James Hansen,
“As we all know, this isn’t about truth at all, its about plausibly deniable accusations.”
“We’ve got to ride this global warming issue.
Even if the theory of global warming is wrong,
we will be doing the right thing in terms of
economic and environmental policy.“
– Timothy Wirth,
President of the UN Foundation
“When facts don’t fit the theory, change the facts.” – Albert Einstein /sarc
The 1999 NASA version of US temperatures showed a sharp decline from the 1930′s to the 1990′s.
In 1999 NASA’s then climate chief, James Hansen made these remarkable comments:
Empirical evidence does not lend much support to the notion that climate is headed precipitately toward more extreme heat and drought. The drought of 1999 covered a smaller area than the 1988 drought, when the Mississippi almost dried up. And 1988 was a temporary inconvenience as compared with repeated droughts during the 1930s “Dust Bowl” that caused an exodus from the prairies, as chronicled in Steinbeck’s Grapes of Wrath.
In the U.S. there has been little temperature change in the past 50 years, the time of rapidly increasing greenhouse gases — in fact, there was a slight cooling throughout much of the country.
Indeed, in the U.S. the warmest decade was the 1930s and the warmest year was 1934.
EPA Confirms Hansen, showing the worst Heat Waves occurred in the 1930s :
In 1989, NOAA and the UK’s leading expert, Dr Phil Jones, agreed with Hansen that US had not warmed.
February 04, 1989
Last week, scientists from the United States Commerce Department’s National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration said that a study of temperature readings for the contiguous 48 states over the last century showed there had been no significant change in average temperature over that period.
Dr. (Phil) Jones said in a telephone interview today that his own results for the 48 states agreed with those findings.
But in the year 2000, NASA and NOAA altered the historical US temperature record, which now shows that there was about one degree centigrade US warming during the century before 1989.
The current version shows an increase from the 1930′s to the 1990′s. The past magically changed!
A much more accurate description of how the data set was altered :
– They have dramatically cooled the past to create the false impression of a warming trend, and eliminate the hot 1930′s.
The blink comparator below shows the huge changes which have been made to the US temperature record since 1999. The past has been massively cooled, and the present has been massively warmed. A cooling trend has been turned into a warming trend, by adjusting the data.
- NASA Official : Gavin A. Schmidt
- Former NASA Climate chief : James Hansen
Eco-activist James Hansen was arrested 3 times whilst working in the top climate job at NASA :
Question – Any chance Hansen’s work on one of the four main global temperature data sets ‘GISS’ was at risk or subject to any adjustment bias?
Answer – Warming in the US is indeed Man-Made. Hansen quit NASA in Aril 2013, to become a full-time Environmental Activist.
- NASA’s James Hansen arrested yet again | Watts Up With That?
- James Hansen to leave NASA to be full time activist | Watts Up With That?
- Hansen – The Climate Chiropractor | Real Science
Global Warming Is The Greatest And Most Successful Pseudoscientific Fraud In History
Government Scientists Couldn’t Find Any Climate Change, So They Simply Manufactured It
Posted: December 19, 2013
Shock News : “U.S. Agencies Accused of Fudging Data to Show Global Warming”
Posted: January 30, 2014
Climate Fraud Related :
- Real Science Fraud File | CACA
- Mann Made Climate Change | CACA
- Controversies – Judge Orders NASA to Release Climate Change-Related Documents – AllGov – News
- GISS Data Tampering – Worse Than You Thought | CACA
- Hottest year ever? Skeptics question revisions to climate data | Fox News
- NASA Bureaucrats Caught Doctoring Data to Make Warming Seem More Rapid | Heartlander Magazine
- GISS/NOAA/CRU Climate Fraud Update | CACA
- Smoking Gun That The Temperature Record Is Fraudulent | CACA
- The Very High Price Of NOAA/NASA Data Tampering | Real Science
- Global Warming Propaganda Is Now Colour Blind | CACA
- Man Made Global Warming Is A Complete Fraud | Real Science
- NASA Massively Tampering With The US Temperature Record | Real Science
- NASA’s Quest To Erase The Warm 1930′s | CACA
- Shock News : UN IPCC Rewrote Temperature History To Suit Their Political Agenda | CACA
More Climate Fraud :
- Spectacularly Poor Climate Science At NASA
- Tracking Climate Fraud
- Data Tampering At USHCN/GISS
- Thermometer Magic
- EPA Throws Their Hat Into The Temperature Fraud Arena
Quote Source – The Green Agenda
Climatism comment :
- A BIG win for Science.
- A MASSIVE blow to NASA, the climate alarm industry and perpetrators of scientific fraud.
Climatism comment : A BIG win for Science. A MASSIVE blow to NASA, the climate alarm industry and perpetrators of scientific fraud. See : Real Science Fraud File | CACA
Re-pressed via Not A Lot Of People Know That
Sadly it appears that at least 1000 lives have been lost in Typhoon Yolanda (or Haiyan), that has just hit the Philippines. There appear to have been many unsubstantiated claims about its size, though these now appear to start being replaced by accurate information.
Nevertheless the BBC are still reporting today
Typhoon Haiyan – one of the most powerful storms on record to make landfall …….The storm made landfall shortly before dawn on Friday, bringing gusts that reached 379km/h (235 mph).
Unfortunately we cannot always trust the BBC to give the facts these days, so let’s see what the Philippine Met Agency, PAGASA, have to say :
So at landfall the sustained wind was 235 kmh or 147 mph, with gusts upto 275 kmh or 171 mph. This is 60 mph less than the BBC have quoted.
The maximum strength reached by the typhoon appears to have been around landfall, as the reported windspeeds three hours earlier were 225 kmh.
Terrible though this storm was, it only ranks as a Category 4 storm, and it is clear nonsense to suggest that it is “one of the most powerful storms on record to make landfall “
Given the geography of the Pacific, most typhoons stay out at sea, or only hit land once they have weakened. But in total terms, the busiest typhoon season in recent decades was 1964, whilst the following year logged the highest number of super typhoons (which equate to Cat 3 +). Of the eleven super typhoons that year, eight were Category 5’s.
So far this year, before Yolanda there have been just three Category 5’s, none of which hit land at that strength.
Personally I don’t like to comment on events such as these until long after the dust has settled. Unfortunately though, somebody has to set the record if we cannot rely on the BBC and others to get the basic facts right.
In case anyone thinks I am overreacting, take a look at the Daily Mail headlines.
Just looking at it again, is it possible the MSM are confusing mph with kmh? It seems a coincidence that PAGASA report 235 kmh.
I have just registered a complaint at the Press Complaints Commission against the Mail article. If anyone spots similar articles elsewhere, and I will add them to my complaint.
I seem to have been right about the kmh/mph confusion!
I’ve just scanned down the Mail article and seen this:
Unless they think “gusts” are less than “winds”, it looks like someone has boobed.
Re-blogged via Not A Lot Of People Know That
By Paul Homewood
Typhoon Yolanda is claimed to be the strongest storm ever, with gusts of 275 kph.
Yet back in 2006, Typhoon Reming recorded 320 kph.
And in 1970, Typhoon Sening registered the same 275 kph.
All figures are from the Philippine Met Agency, PAGOSA, and are calculated on the same basis, as the windspeeds at landfall.
So why are we being lied to?
Data from the national weather bureau, the Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration, or PAGASA, showed that Typhoon Haiyan’s intensity – measured by the wind strength at its center and the speed of gusts at landfall – Haiyan ranks at number 7 among the strongest storms ever to have hit the Philippines.
It could eventually prove to be the deadliest, with the death toll currently at more than 2,300 and mounting. But among the so-called supertyphoons— those with center winds in excess of 134 miles an hour — the title goes to Joan.
Known locally as Sening, that storm made landfall in Virac, Catanduanes province, north of the current devastation and around 236 miles south of Manila. When it hit, Joan had center winds of 171 miles per hour and gusts of 193 miles per hour, compared to Haiyan’s 147 mph.
- Jeff Masters Called Out For Lying About The Typhoon | Real Science
- Combining Jeff Masters’ Big Lie With Nonsensical Misinterpretation | Real Science
- Would Jeff Masters Have Survived 1934? | Real Science
- Fox News Says That 147 MPH Winds Are Among The Strongest Ever Recorded | Real Science
- Shock News : The Philippines Have Always Had Super Typhoons | CACA
- 19th Century Was Deadliest For Cyclones | Real Science
Quote Source – The Green Agenda