Shock News : Wind turbines would need to cover Wales to supply 17% of UK energy needsPosted: October 19, 2013
“Giving society cheap, abundant energy would be the
equivalent of giving an idiot child a machine gun.”
– Prof Paul Ehrlich, Stanford University
“A total population of 250-300 million people,
a 95% decline from present levels, would be ideal.”
– Ted Turner,
founder of CNN and major UN donor
“Global Sustainability requires the deliberate quest of poverty,
reduced resource consumption and set levels of mortality control.”
– Professor Maurice King
Wind turbines would need to cover Wales to supply a sixth of country’s energy needs
AN area the size of Wales would need to be covered in wind turbines to meet just a sixth of the nation’s daily energy needs, according to a new study that has cast doubt over the Government’s push for wind energy.
By analysing the average power output possible from wind turbines and comparing it to the amount of land needed to house each turbine, Professor MacKay believes wind farms will need at least five times more land than has been previously estimated.
His research has raised further doubts over the viability of the Government’s push for wind power.
Critics insist that wind energy is too unreliable to replace the creaking network of fossil fuel power stations and would require an extensive network of back up power stations to provide energy on calm days.
Wind farms have also faced intense opposition from rural campaigners who say the huge turbines, which can be up to 400 feet tall, are spoiling the countryside and pose a risk to wildlife.
If Greens love nature, why aren’t they more concerned about carpeting unspoilt, pristine landscapes with bat-chomping, bird-slicing, [industrial] eco crucifixes….?
Related Articles :
- PEER REVIEW : Lessons in wasting money: Use more wind and solar and… emit just as much CO2 « JoNova
- The dirty secret of Britain’s power madness: Polluting diesel generators built in secret by foreign companies to kick in when there’s no wind for turbines – and other insane but true eco-scandals
- Wind farms vs wildlife : The shocking environmental cost of renewable energy » The Spectator
- Wind farms — are 96% useless, and cost 150 times more than necessary for what they do « JoNova
Climatism Related :
- A Token Gesture To The Folly Of Green Madness | CACA
- Shock News : Promoters overstated environmental benefit of wind farms | CACA
- Bananas deadlier than Fukushima | CACA
- Europe’s Green Energy Basket Case Is Barack Obama’s Dream | CACA
- NATURE STUDY Confirms Global Warming Stopped 15 Years Ago| CACA
- UTTER INSANITY: Spending $160b to cut the temperature by 0.00005 degrees | CACA
Quote source : The Green Agenda