Shock News : Promoters overstated environmental benefit of wind farmsPosted: October 19, 2013
“The only hope for the world is to make sure there is not another
United States. We can’t let other countries have the same
number of cars, the amount of industrialization, we have in the US.
We have to stop these Third World countries right where they are.”
– Michael Oppenheimer,
Environmental Defense Fund
“Isn’t the only hope for the planet that the
industrialized civilizations collapse?
Isn’t it our responsiblity to bring that about?”
– Maurice Strong,
founder of the UN Environment Programme (UNEP)
Promoters overstated the environmental benefit of wind farms
The wind farm industry has been forced to admit that the environmental benefit of wind power in reducing carbon emissions is only half as big as it had previously claimed.
The British Wind Energy Association (BWEA) has agreed to scale down its calculation for the amount of harmful carbon dioxide emission that can be eliminated by using wind turbines to generate electricity instead of burning fossil fuels such as coal or gas.
Experts have previously calculated that to help achieve the Government’s aim of saving around 200 million tons of CO2 emissions by 2020 – through generating 15 per cent of the country’s electricity from wind power – would require 50,000 wind turbines.
But the new figure for carbon displacement means that twice as many turbines would now be needed to save the same amount of CO2 emissions.
While their advocates regard wind farms as a key part of Britain’s fight against climate change, opponents argue they blight the landscape at great financial cost while bringing little environmental benefit.
Related Articles :
- PEER REVIEW : Lessons in wasting money: Use more wind and solar and… emit just as much CO2 « JoNova
- The dirty secret of Britain’s power madness: Polluting diesel generators built in secret by foreign companies to kick in when there’s no wind for turbines – and other insane but true eco-scandals
- Wind farms vs wildlife : The shocking environmental cost of renewable energy » The Spectator
- Wind farms — are 96% useless, and cost 150 times more than necessary for what they do « JoNova
Climatism Related :
- A Token Gesture To The Folly Of Green Madness | CACA
- Bananas deadlier than Fukushima | CACA
- Europe’s Green Energy Basket Case Is Barack Obama’s Dream | CACA
- NATURE STUDY Confirms Global Warming Stopped 15 Years Ago| CACA
- UTTER INSANITY: Spending $160b to cut the temperature by 0.00005 degrees | CACA